name this movie

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

name this movie

Postby fredlk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Another classic. If you've never seen it, you must. It's brilliant.
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredlk

Re: name this movie

Postby MGV12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Your opening post in your previous thread "Quiz' was about naming a movie.

My follow-up, having named the movie, may [?] have been about a movie and now you start a new thread entitled "Name this movie. :?: :?: :?:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:59 pm

MGV12 wrote:Your opening post in your previous thread "Quiz' was about naming a movie.

My follow-up, having named the movie, may [?] have been about a movie and now you start a new thread entitled "Name this movie. :?: :?: :?:

This is a new topic to not get in the way of your quiz, the answering of which I gave up on this morning. I can't do cryptic clues, my brain's a logical one not scientific.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:43 pm

fredlk wrote:
I can't do cryptic clues

It's not all about you Fred :lol:

With access to Google being what it is you have to be a bit cryptic, ... or obscure as with your first post over there ... or else the answer will be found in seconds.

The "The Big Dubbelya" worked as most of us [me anyway] thought of George W ... as you may have intended ... in which case that's cryptic ... the answer however, as mine will be, seems so obvious once you realise or are told what it is!

I'll do a RR here [sorry!] and state that cryptic is not scientific and a logical course [which some would claim is scientific] will reveal the answer just as easily to anyone who appreciates classic movies; oops gave it away there.

Hard boiled eggs and maybe not quite all of them visible in the pic.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:56 pm

MGV12 wrote:The "The Big Dubbelya" worked as most of us [me anyway] thought of George W ... as you may have intended ... in which case that's cryptic ...

I intended no such thing. I was quoting a line from the movie, a line that was repeated over and over again throughout it's 3 hour and 12 minute duration.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Think about how it's perceived not intended ....

Moving on:

Manhattan Murder Mystery

MGV12

Postby fredlk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:26 pm

MGV12 wrote:Think about how it's perceived not intended ....

Moving on:

Manhattan Murder Mystery

Yes.
fredlk

Return to Friendly Banter