Do you like cheese and butter?

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Do you like cheese and butter?

Postby MGV12 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:18 pm

sirineou wrote:But sadly no Cheese :( I like cheese

What could Americans possibly know about cheese?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 pm

MGV12 wrote:What could Americans possibly know about cheese?

I'm told that thanks to the Space Program they even managed to get it in a tube, something the Dutch haven't yet perfected with Gouda, Edam, Leerdammer, etc. ....thank heavens and praise Brian.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:59 pm

fredlk wrote:
MGV12 wrote:What could Americans possibly know about cheese?

I'm told that thanks to the Space Program they even managed to get it in a tube, something the Dutch haven't yet perfected with Gouda, Edam, Leerdammer, etc. ....thank heavens and praise Brian.

Big deal ... we've had cheese in a tube since they pretended to land on the Moon.

Primula.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:12 pm

MGV12 wrote:Big deal ... we've had cheese in a tube since they pretended to land on the Moon.

I thought you were talking about cheese not imitation-cheese.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

fredlk wrote:
MGV12 wrote:Big deal ... we've had cheese in a tube since they pretended to land on the Moon.

I thought you were talking about cheese not imitation-cheese.

After training their citizens to eat Kraft and think it's real cheese ... you reckon they will treat the astronauts any better? They would probably complain if they were give the real thing ....

MGV12

Postby sirineou » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:30 pm

MGV12 wrote:
sirineou wrote:But sadly no Cheese :( I like cheese

What could Americans possibly know about cheese?

Americans would know that they like Cheese as I originality stated, and that we sure eat a lot of it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese#World_production_and_consumption
How dare you insult my national honor, I have never being so insulted
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 pm

MGV12 wrote:
After training their citizens to eat Kraft and think it's real cheese ... you reckon they will treat the astronauts any better? They would probably complain if they were give the real thing ....

They trained me well. Could go for some now might feel like an astronaut :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby sirineou » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:22 am

BKKBILL wrote:
MGV12 wrote:

They trained me well. Could go for some now might feel like an astronaut :?

From a country where their highest culinary achievement is Fish and chips, to belittle Americans and Canadians on their chesse eating habits, me thinks is a case of the fish and chips frying Pan calling the Cheese kettle.......unrefined. :lol:
We produce 2/3 of the worlds cheese, with only a small percentage of it being American cheese ,http://www.idfa.org/news--views/media-kits/cheese/cheese-sales-and-trends/
and since we export very little of it , unless we are using it in construction material, I would say we also consume our fair share of cheese.
Trying to call as cheese slackers..... :x
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby pattayapope » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 am

MGV12 this did not seem to attract the attention I expected, an interesting subject on its own[*] :roll:
pattayapope

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 am

Pope,

pattayapope wrote:this did not seem to attract the attention I expected, an interesting subject on its own

Only to those that watch Fox and are "True Believers". How could anyone, besides (deleted) and Rupert Murdoch think people are really that stupid?
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... st23feb_2/
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 am

For those that are mentally challenged and like photos just type into google Mythbusters Moon Landing: The Mythbusters donated a whole show years ago to debunking this myth. Then of course someone will claim The Mythbusters are fake too.
Roger Ramjet

Postby geordie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:For those that are mentally challenged and like photos just type into google Mythbusters Moon Landing: The Mythbusters donated a whole show years ago to debunking this myth. Then of course someone will claim The Mythbusters are fake too.

Better still type in cgi trickery nothing is as it seems and reality is half the stuff they do if not more could be done with cgi and looking real enough to most people for them to get away with it
even you own eyes cannot be beleived sometimes then there is always "chance" some of the stuff they disprove does not allow for "lottery winners" chance can play apart also
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:00 pm

geordie,
Nothing is as it seems.
Totally true, and they have had to revisit some of their wackier experiments over and over again.
In fact I actually challenged one of their earlier shows about a sniper not being about to shoot another sniper through the telescopic sights of a rifle. Carlos Hathcock, a retired Marine Corp sniper did it and I actually had the privilege of meeting him and shooting against him whilst I was in America.
The fact the Mythbusters change things from busted to plausible, or even to confirmed, impresses me.
As far as the lunar landings are concerned though, you just can't refute the tons of rocks bought back, nor can you refute the beacon the astronauts activated (and is still transmitting) the day the first mission left the moon.
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 pm

The pot having been stirred by PP :roll: ... let's move this tangential conversation off to a different thread ... it has rather gone off-topic ... even though some may think the Moon is actually made of cheese ... mostly Americans to use up all that 'domestic consumption only' 'cheese' :roll: :P ' they allegedly produce: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3424

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 pm

MGV12 wrote:This thread is about fat so maybe natural it should turn into a fat-fest ... and the excess weight problem is not restricted to the aforementioned countries:

Obesity Spreading All Over The Globe

Even though it's not so visible a problem in LOS, it still appears to feature high in the mortality rates here ... if The Nation got it right:

Booze, obesity cause most early deaths among Thais
THE NATION August 16, 2012 1:00 am

Obese.jpg

Excessive drinking of alcohol and obesity were among the leading causes of premature death among men and women in Thailand, according to a study released yesterday.

"Many [thousands of] people have died prematurely over the past few years," Professor Dr Veerasak Jongsuwiwatwong, a director of Research and Development Health of Southern Institute, said.

He presented his study yesterday at a seminar entitled "Disease and health burdens on the Thai population" held by the Thai Health Promotion Foundation.

A study is conducted every five years by a team of strategic researchers from the International Health Policy Programme Thailand, aimed at developing indicators to estimate the disease and health burden carried by the Thai population. The team was supported by the Thai Health Promotion Foundation and National Health Security Office.

The latest study in 2009 showed that among 430,583 reported deaths, about 50,000 had died from chronic diseases caused by drinking alcohol and smoking. Another 35,000 died from coronary artery disease.

The study found that drinking alcohol was the leading cause of premature death among the male population, followed by smoking, high blood pressure, not wearing a helmet while riding motorcycles, and high cholesterol.

Among the female population, obesity was the first leading cause of death, followed by high blood pressure, unsafe sex, high cholesterol, and smoking.

The study also found that road accidents, violence, and HIV-infection were major causes of death among men aged between 15 and 29 years of age.

Meanwhile, unsafe sex, HIV infection, road accidents, and suicide were leading causes of death among women in the same age range.

When looking at the cause of death among the population aged between 30 to 59, the study found that road accidents were a leading cause of death among men and unsafe sex a major cause of death among women.

Among people over 60, chronic diseases were the major cause of death, the study showed.

Professor Dr Veerasak said this study would suggest the government should work to reduce alcohol and cigarette consumption among the population. The study also showed the government should control unhealthy food and beverage products that would affect people's health.

The government needed to improve safer transportation systems and people should have convenient pathways for walking or bicycling so they can exercise and enhance their well-being, he said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 88433.html

MGV12

PreviousNext

Return to Friendly Banter