Working for the Government ?

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Working for the Government ?

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 am

How about meet, listen to your concerns, raise our concerns, and come to an amicable solution?[/quote]

I couldn't agree more, But that seems to be beyond all concerned.
Mike Judd

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 am

MGV12 wrote:
Mike Judd wrote:Blame the Poms

We look forward to you expounding that comment.

As a former Pom from way back, I 'am sure you would understand it was said with Tongue firmly in cheek.!
Mike Judd

Postby Mike Judd » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:51 am

Pardon me if I'am trying to have the last word on the subject, my solution was simplistic to maybe a complex problem, but then I am a simple man who would much rather get all problems sorted now and done with . You have mostly all "Blown me out of the water" several times with your superior knowledge of the subject, so I concede defeat and retire gracefully (Or Ungracefully, what ever!) to a shot of" Dimple" and to peruse the rest of our C.T.H. forum.
Mike Judd

Postby sirineou » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:06 am

Mike Judd wrote:Pardon me if I'am trying to have the last word on the subject, my solution was simplistic to maybe a complex problem, but then I am a simple man who would much rather get all problems sorted now and done with . You have mostly all "Blown me out of the water" several times with your superior knowledge of the subject, so I concede defeat and retire gracefully (Or Ungracefully, what ever!) to a shot of" Dimple" and to peruse the rest of our C.T.H. forum.

You are a good man Charlie Brown.
all in good fun, perhaps the next time It would be my turn to be behind the eight ball, when it happens I hope I am as graceful as you are :)
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby MGV12 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 am

<Posts relating to the World Trade Centre buildings collapse moved here ... viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3585 - mod>

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Mike Judd » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Just thought I would drop this little gem in for comment. Maybe a beat up , But I don't know.!

Breadwinner ?

Here’s how a doctor explains it:
A woman in her late 20's came to the hospital today with her 8th pregnancy
She said to me me "My mum told me that I am the breadwinner for the family."
I asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies and babies get money from the State for the family.
It goes like this:
The Grandma calls the Department for work and pensions, and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for all of her kids. DWP agrees, and tells her the children will need to go into foster care.
The Grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and receives a cheque for £700 per child each month.
Total yearly income:
£58,800 soon to become £67200 when the 8th one is born, tax-free and nobody has to go to work!
In fact, they get more if there is no husband/father/man in the home! The brother does not count.
Not to mention free dental treatment, free housing, free council tax free school dinners, free tuition fees at college or Uni, free eyecare and glasses, free prescriptions and various other benefits...
Total value of all benefits combined probably approaching £100,000 per annum which would require an income of around £148000 to create.
That's about my salary as a senior consultant with years of experience and surgical skills in a central London teaching hospital.
Indeed, Grandma was correct that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.

This is how the politicians spend our taxes. When this generous programme was invented in the '60s, the Great Society architects forgot to craft an end date... and now we are hopelessly overrun with people who vote only for those who will continue to keep them on the dole.....
No wonder our country is broke!
Worse, our Muslim brothers have been paying attention, and by mandating that each Muslim family have eleven children, they will soon replace the voting bloc above and can be running this country.
Are we alarmed yet, is anybody listening?
Sincerely,
Sebastian J. Ciancino - Urologist,
Guys Hospital trust - London
Don't forget to pay your taxes!!
There are a lot of “breadwinners” depending on you!

Well? Is anybody listening??
Do we all have to wait for someone to translate this into Australian?

|

|
Mike Judd

Postby fredlk » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Mike Judd wrote:, our Muslim brothers have been paying attention, and by mandating that each Muslim family have eleven children,
|

A bit racist perhaps. Catholics have been breeding like rabbits for centuries.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Sorry Mike ... put the doctor's name into Google and this was the first entry:

Hoax email.pdf

Doesn't mean of course that they don't, amongst others, 'play the game'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:48 am

I haven't got much time for the Catholic church either, but at least they don't want to bring in Shiah Laws to replace the ones we have now. but that's maybe only the Radicals ! There just seems to be too many of them around at the moment.
We have one particular specimen in Sydney at this moment, he is a Radical from way back,got in some how and started preaching all kinds of Jihad rubbish so much that he was ordered to be deported 3 times, but kept using the legal system (free legal aid of course) to postpone it until he got married to a Muslem women who was a citizen. meanwhile they have had 11 children, never had a job other than his preaching, but receives far more in all the Gov benefits than he could ever earn in a proper job. All this has come to light because one of his young girls has disappeared and he is suspected of killing her. I don't believe I am a racist, but I don't think this sort of thing was what was intended when Welfare was first brought in. It is getting out of hand in all the western countries and it's sending them broke. Some-one has to go to work to pay for it all.
Mike Judd

Postby Mike Judd » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am

Another little gem from one of the " Greens" who prop up our minority Labour Gov. She recently visited Nauru where the refugee centre has been reopened because of Christmas Island being overloaded. That very soon overflowed so they set up tents for temporary use until processing can be done.
Upon arriving she was horrified and said it was un-human for us to make them live like that.? As someone very soon said, it quite all right for our own people who defended our country in all those wars ,to live in tents, but not illegal immigrants. ? These are the type of idiots who are sending this great country down the tube.
Mike Judd

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Mike Judd wrote:Another little gem from one of the " Greens" who prop up our minority Labour Gov. She recently visited Nauru where the refugee centre has been reopened because of Christmas Island being overloaded. That very soon overflowed so they set up tents for temporary use until processing can be done.
Upon arriving she was horrified and said it was un-human for us to make them live like that.? As someone very soon said, it quite all right for our own people who defended our country in all those wars ,to live in tents, but not illegal immigrants. ? These are the type of idiots who are sending this great country down the tube.

About time you went back to England isn't it Mike?
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
About time you went back to England isn't it Mike?

I have no doubt he keeps in touch with the situation in England ... hence him establishing a base in LOS!

The 'Free World' is surely a misnomer these days .....

.... find a bolthole and enjoy!

MGV12

Postby Mike Judd » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:38 pm

No actually ,that's the last place I would go now Roger. It was bad enough 50 yrs ago when I left and once my parents died along with most of my old acquaintances , there's nothing left there now for me except memories. I sense a tendency for you to see me as just another "Whinging Pom" but I can assure you I have always thought Oz was and is the greatest country in the world ( Inspite of the politicians, not because of them) It's just that after living here for over 52 yrs plus 2 in 52-54 and seen all the changes that maybe are more than most others have seen, I personally think the country is going down the wrong road. This welfare mentality that abounds in place of the old Aussie "Have a go" attitude that built it, is not the country I came to for a new life all those years ago. I think one of our members put it in a nut shell before when commenting about democracy . "When people realise that they can vote themselves benefits, that's the beginning of the end." Just to give you an idea of what is happening, businesses that need "Workers" with some sort of skills, just can't get them. The T.A.F.E. get a class of 30 or so starting for learning a trade, and they finish with 3 or 4, so they are discontinuing them. The average young Australian born guys that don't go for the higher education, just don't want to know hard work, not when they can pick up $250 a week dole min, steal cars/ break and enter/ drugs and the most they will get is a slap on the wrist if caught. The only ones who want to work is some of the new arrivals who have come from a more desperate life style and have a bit of go in them. It's not just my opinion, I have several friends with small workshops, that tell me the same story. Anyway Roger, I plan to try and simplify my affairs in Oz as soon as possible so as to spend as much time over in Thailand with all you other expats who have chosen to live there for what ever reason. My reason is I love the freedom, and the people for having such a happy nature even though their life can be hard. I have found it so easy for a man in my position to make a difference in small ways in the village that is appreciated , that is very rewarding in itself. Plus I have a house to finish. Yes your so right MGV12 I found my Bolthole for sure.
Mike Judd

Postby BKKBILL » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Bolthole indeed as you can never go back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiOBtOUUukM
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 pm

DSCN4651.JPG
Some might think I am a silly old bugger and maybe I am. but not silly enough to not leave myself an escape route in the unlikely event that things change. Thailand and the house and land over there is just something I'am doing because I like building new houses, it's more for my partner to have when I drop off of my perch. She has been a perfect partner to me and still is , but I have always taken the attitude at my age to go along with the flow, as long as you don't put your self in a hole if things don't work out. One divorce was enough of a lesson for me, I don't need another.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Judd

PreviousNext

Return to Friendly Banter