Working for the Government ?

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Working for the Government ?

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:15 pm

They would run out of concrete in Thailand.

You’re going nowhere! Construction workers concrete a truck to the pavement after row with owner over where it was parked

67ecb_article-2522641-1A0D92C800000578-950_634x476.jpg

http://bbb-news.com/blog/2013/12/12/you ... as-parked/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:51 pm

BKKBILL wrote:They would run out of concrete in Thailand.

You’re going nowhere! Construction workers concrete a truck to the pavement after row with owner over where it was parked

Looks like they gave him due warning as 'Facilito' roughly translates to 'MOVE IT!'

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby sirineou » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:12 pm

MGV12 wrote:
BKKBILL wrote:They would run out of concrete in Thailand.

Looks like they gave him due warning as 'Facilito' roughly translates to 'MOVE IT!'

Good for them, I wish I could see the face of the driver when he came back,
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby MGV12 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:18 pm

sirineou wrote:"Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."

Could be a challenging time to get anything constructive accomplished :lol:

The Day After Tomorrow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Working for the Government or just paying

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Makes whinging about a two hundred Baht ticket in the land of smiles rather petty. Seems in the UK extortion is called over-zealous' restrictions. :roll:

End of the CCTV cash cow? Ministers may scrap spy cameras that fine drivers who stop on yellow lines after complaints of 'over-zealous' restrictions

Nine million parking fines are issued evert year by town halls in England - even though there are only 19 million cars on the roads - and the scale of fines has soared to more than £1.3 billion a year

Councils in England are forecast to make £635million net profit from the charges and fines this year, nearly six per cent up from 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2nWSDiAxb
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Re: Working for the Government or just paying

Postby MGV12 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:36 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Makes whinging about a two hundred Baht ticket in the land of smiles rather petty. Seems in the UK extortion is called over-zealous' restrictions. :roll:

End of the CCTV cash cow? Ministers may scrap spy cameras that fine drivers who stop on yellow lines after complaints of 'over-zealous' restrictions

Nine million parking fines are issued evert year by town halls in England - even though there are only 19 million cars on the roads - and the scale of fines has soared to more than £1.3 billion a year

Councils in England are forecast to make £635million net profit from the charges and fines this year, nearly six per cent up from 2012

Maybe they are following the Australian model ... heaven help us

MGV12

Re: Working for the Government or just paying

Postby geordie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:50 am

BKKBILL wrote:Makes whinging about a two hundred Baht ticket in the land of smiles rather petty. Seems in the UK extortion is called over-zealous' restrictions. :roll:

Bill the richest Borough in England is Westminister there are figures available for tickets issued they top the league there with parking being a cash cow that gets milked to death it one of about 5 districts that operate parking control 24/7 during an interview televised (top gear) the guy in charge stated blatently there is no profit from parking control it poured back into road safety so the several Billions they collect surplus to costs is supposedly used to improve road safety giving them more area,s of no parking monitored by cameras generating even more money
You do however have the right to appeal the ticket which they generously halve if you pay within 14 days if you appeal the ticket it doubles if you lose and the courtcase will be held in northamptom 2-3 hours drive from where the offence took place a pretty good deterrant to appeals
The latest trend with the cctv issuing tickets is one control room I visited regularly had two sometimes three people watching monitors for parking and moving violations (illegal right turns u turns or traffic light offences but they did have around 40 monitors and 100 + cameras most of which were discrete mini domes hardly noticeable
The safety camera,s had 15 monitors and one operator but taking care of the public is considered low priority to raising revenue
Public safety camera,s are always in a huge housing with highly visible notices around the area the visibility being seen as part of the detterant whilst reassuring the public that the area is monitored
Usually the notices telling you that traffic camera,s are in use are on the borderline of the borough and so unobtrusive unless you deliberately look for them you will not see thembut another great trick now is mounting a camera on top of a car and driving it around the lesser used area,s
Big Brother is alive and well
And yes 200 baht is a pittance in comparison but at least in the big brother regime it went into the coffers to increase the means of getting you again not into the coppers pocket and another bonus I never got a ticket for a trumped up offence usually speaking you know when you have done something wrong Ram Intra where I will be resuming work again in the next two weeks is just unbelievable but I have changed the dual camera,s in the car for a camera that can be turned directly sideways to look out of the drivers window I am that fed up with them :mrgreen:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby MGV12 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Stop sending UK money to rich countries, demand MPs: Commons report questions the hundreds of millions spent on countries capable of standing on their own two feet

Britain should halt aid handouts to all but the poorest countries, MPs will say today.

In a major report, the Commons international development committee says it is ‘increasingly difficult to make the case’ for lavishing hundreds of millions of pounds on countries capable of standing on their own two feet.

Increasingly prosperous nations such as Nigeria, Ghana and Pakistan should be offered cheap loans rather than being given huge handouts by the British taxpayer, the report says.

And the Department for International Development (Dfid) should draw up a timetable for withdrawing aid altogether from all but the world’s most destitute states.

Britain’s aid budget has increased by 30 per cent in the past year to £11billion to hit David Cameron’s controversial target of spending 0.7 per cent of national income on foreign aid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -feet.html

MGV12

Postby sirineou » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 pm

This is an MP who is either ignorant or is playing the populist card.
Foreign Aid, and Bailouts are misnomers, such as the US's department of defence.
Bailouts are not there to bail out the countries, but the investors that invested there.
" Foreign Aid" is given only when it serves the donors strategic concerns. It is often funneled to the rich ruling elite of a country, who usually take it with them when they flee to Dubai or a similar country, leaving the poor country folk, saddled with it.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby Mike Judd » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:43 am

I would recommend reading a book called " I was an Economic Hit Man" He was an American guy who got this good job going to various so called poor countries to convince their Governments ? that they needed Dams/Roads what ever and that the U.S. banks would lend them the money to build them. Then U.S. companies would come over and build what ever they were convinced that needed, take the money back to the U.S. and then that country was in debt to the U.S. A bit like Halliburton that cleaned up in Iraq after the 2nd Gulf war with all the "Allies" (the U.K. mainly ) jumping up and down complaining they were not getting the share they were promised. This Guy got sickened by it all (His excuse) and wrote the book to expose it all. May be it was all a "Beat up" Governments wouldn't do that sort of thing would they.?
Mike Judd

Previous

Return to Friendly Banter