Mullered

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Mullered

Postby MGV12 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Mullered

Definition: Broken, smashed or beaten up to the point of being visisbly altered.

Vigo.jpg

Vigo 2.jpg

Vigo 3.jpg

Guesses as to whether the owner had insurance?
Pile of crap.jpg

Pile of crap 2.jpg

Bit more than irritating ...........

Sunday night on the way back from CM city in the rain .... junction that is known to be dangerous ... slowed and glanced in both directions ... nothing visible approaching ... eased off the brake .... all hell broke lose as the pile of crap in the photo came flying through at suicidal speed with only side lights on. I was on the major road ... he ignored a stop sign/white line/flashing warning light. Fortunately he hit the very front portion ahead of the wheels ... but enough to spin me through 90 and hit the rear side before pirouetting several times and ending up nose-down in a klong. Amazingly nobody badly injured but a split second later and he would have hit my door ... at the velocity he was travelling I have no doubt he would have ploughed through to the centre console ............

The driver climbed out .. staggered over to where we were standing with the witnesses ... obviously very drunk ... saw what he had done and ran away into the night.

Three days of visits to the Police station later and the driver has been prosecuted but still refuses to accept responsibility and pay up ... if the driver was the owner of the vehicle we might have got somehwere but his pal the owner is as wonderful a contribution to this strange world we live in as the vehicle he owns ... fits the term smartass perfectly and was allowed to do 95% of the talking for reasons I don't follow. At first they did accept some responsibility and offered to pay 50% ... if indeed they had it ... but then changed their minds overnight. The father was summoned but didn't appear. We got the 'top man' at the station on the case and they were laid into but just sat there saying they didn't see why they had to pay .... no remorse for being totally at fault and a fraction away from causing a fatal collision.

Shaken and stirred but lucky we are all alive .... neck and back very sore.

Next step ... lawyer .... great!

When I first started driving my father said to treat eveyone else on the road as if they were a total idiot and that has served me well .... he added that if you come across someone who is bent on suicide [be that consciously or subconsciously induced by drugs/alcohol/terminal stupidity] there's nothing much you can do but pray.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Re: Mullered

Postby geordie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Yes annoying but that twisted piece of crap can be repaired replaced the fact you and the family are ok is the important thing
is it worth a lawyer the arshole probably owns nothing of any value to pursue him for and it was your fault if you had not decided to retire there from england it would not have happened
had you been driving uninsured you would probably be in jail right now there,s not much hope of justice hope your back gets better soon
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:49 pm

MGV12,
Surely you have 1st class insurance? Leave it to the insurance company, that's why you pay the premiums.
A drunk in a mini van hit me in similar circumstances when I was driving a rental. When the hire firm owner showed in his Jaguar with two thugs two hours later, his driver drove up to the police station the wrong way, parked in a reserved spot for the commander, and when he found out the man was drunk and had run a red light and the police breathaliser unit had a flat battery, his two goons grabbed the man and hauled him to the local hospital for a blood test without even blinking when the police protested. He just called a number, asked who was the senior officer and handed him the phone. From then on he ignored everyone except the senior officer, my wife and I. His Mitsubishi was destroyed. He was not happy.
30 minutes later the drunk was returned after being blood tested. He was charged with running a red light. Three days later I had to report to the police station to get my licence back. The drunk was there being charged with DUI, running a red light, driving dangerously and a few other things. The fine was miniscule, but they (the two owners) had to pay for the destroyed Mitsubishi.
To be honest the Sara Buri Police were absolutely brilliant. They drove my wife and daughter to the hospital immediately and the following day called in on my wife and daughter at our other house drove me to the private hospital when my wife thought I had a broken ankle and ribs.
The locals were also great, all bar none were willing to be witnesses and sign statements. There was no need when the drunk was charged.
I'm pleased to hear that nobody was injured.
Roger Ramjet

Postby geordie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Rodger a pat on the back for saraburi police it so unusual to hear of a satisfactory outcome
involving any police
but have anything less than No 1 insurance out there you are gambling heavily even if its not your fault you suffer the loss and inconvenience
It panicked me how long has mgv12 kept us hanging on this pond extension :D
geordie

Postby Ians » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Thank your lucky stars that you walked away from it (well maybe limped a little), put it down to experience as they probably have bugger all and be thankful you weren't charged for getting in their way or something just as obscure. AS RR has said - first class insurance is a must, especially being a farang.

See if you can find a good osteopath / chiropactor / physio and get your neck looked at and a recovery programme in terms of exercise / stretches etc underway - this is a must, left untreated and putting up with limited movement etc could result in long term problems. Severe whiplash can take up to 12 months plus of exercise before it comes good.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-mul1.htm
Ians

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Geordie,
I too was wondering what had happened to his wife's swimming pool. The last I heard he'd filled it with CPAC cement, perhaps to the top. And I'm not game enough to ask him how it's going anymore because he becomes cantankerous. Must be the pressure or the weather. Perhaps you can help; which Issan truck/ute is MGV12s?
Roger Ramjet

Postby geordie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 pm

I am guessing it was not the red one :lol: :lol: :lol: be fair on the pond extension he has had a disproportinate amount of rain recently and now his back,s knackered ??? who knows toy may finish the house first
geordie

Postby tothemark » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Crikey, thats scary, glad your all ok.

Hitting you central would have more than likely flipped you over, your very, very lucky. You need to visit the temple because someone is definitely watching over you.

I cant believe how that red piece of crap didnt disintegrate. This should put anyone off from buying a saloon car in Thailand. In fact I think MaseratiMartin has the best vehicle for Thai roads - his Hummer !
tothemark

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks for your kind words guys

The insurance aspect is not straight forward as we were on a slightly lesser policy whilst waiting to find a decent price for 1st Class ... previous people took the P at renewal. Life thought it a good opportunity to teach me some sort of obscure lesson; that's the third near-death experience and they say things come in threes. I fully appreciate that a lawyer may be a waste of time and money gerordie but I want them and their parents dragged through the court whatever the outcome .... as I mentioned before the driver is a different breed to the owner and it will scare the bejesus out of him. Vindictive? No .. even though he could have killed me and badly injured Sao ... but a lesson is still a lesson even if the subject is incapable of learning ...

Roger Ramjet wrote:Geordie,
I too was wondering what had happened to his wife's swimming pool. The last I heard he'd filled it with CPAC cement, perhaps to the top. And I'm not game enough to ask him how it's going anymore because he becomes cantankerous. Must be the pressure or the weather. Perhaps you can help; which Issan truck/ute is MGV12s?

As usual RR you simply can't keep on topic ... I know ... you were simply attempting to lighten the moment :| :)

"he becomes cantankerous" never been referred to as contankerous before .... maybe as I get older and older I'll end up like you .... Heaven help me :wink:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby brent roberts » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 am

Greetings MGV12 from downunder . Sorry to read about your accident but good to hear you are alright. I think Thai drivers are getting better at driving but theres still a lot of Dick heads around. All the best with your insurance. Take care Brent & Dang
brent roberts

Postby MGV12 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 am

brent roberts wrote:Greetings MGV12 from downunder . Sorry to read about your accident but good to hear you are alright. I think Thai drivers are getting better at driving but theres still a lot of Dick heads around. All the best with your insurance. Take care Brent & Dang

Hi Brent & Dang ... good to hear from you and thanks for your concern.

We'll get there but could do without all the additional stress that dealing with such irresponsible people causes.

Any luck with selling the house?

Would be good to see you over here soon ... BKKBill is at last on the move so you will have good neighbours.

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Update:

Please take note .... NEVER drive here without 1st Class insurance!

Obvious statement and we are all too sensible to do anything else .... BUT .... I always considered myself to be a very sensible and reasonably careful person but when my insurance expired and the premium went up instead of down I did listen to 'she who knows many things' about the multitude of options she knew to be available. Many conversations were had with those who claimed to have a cheaper policy but they never firmed up into an actual quote ... life and it's many distractions got in the way and consequentally we didn't have a replacement when that fateful day came upon us. I am in no way shedding the blame as ... my truck ... my responsibility.

We were fully legal but not fully covered. We were however most importantly fully and comprehensively covered by the even higher authority who really does know everything and as a consequence I am writing this. However, we are faced with a repair bill of six figures .... cheap by British standards but still out of my pocket. The irresponsible little tikes [driver & owner] made an initial [derisory] offer and then [no doubt under advice from another party] withdrew it. They failed to show for the full statement and prosecutions as directed but did show today after being issued with a warning. Don't know as of yet what they have been charged with but there have been no further offers of financial compensation ... even though they have been sternly advised that if it goes to court the claim will be considerably higher. We also spent a heart-warming two hours today making a full statement and answering many reasonable and a few I consider to be unreasonable questions. The senior police officer is sleeping in his office at nights due to his workload and is just doing his job the best he knows but it seems funny to prosecute someone before you have taken statements or spoken to the witnesses. We have ways of establishing their likely ability to pay and the circumstances of their father and when this is established a decision will be made as to how to proceed. I know what I would like to do but don't much see the point of worsening our position by ending up in jail or the airport at BKK with a one way ticket.

I will be without the truck for a further 4 weeks ... no longer as I won't pay a penny of the labour costs until it's finished to my satisfaction and I will be 'he who shouts loudest' ... but am assured it will be 100% of it's pre-accident condition when returned. This I believe as even though it looks a mess there's nothing structural or involving suspension or steering ... it still drives perfectly normally.

I would happily pay the premium to avoid the stress, frustration, anxiety, sleepless nights and physical pain this has caused ... I found out today why I had been in back and neck pain when shown that the door liner on my side ... which is very durable plastic was shattered right along the armrest where I had hit it so hard with my hip.

MGV12

Postby geordie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Excelent advice its a shame it costs so much to learn these things though but the reality is you are here still to worry about the bill the uk is clamping down on lack of insurance hard at the moment no insurance and the car is confiscated taken to the crusher GONE no longer a problem so off they go buy another old peice of crap £600-£700 and drive that around untill the same ocurs the problem is that in spite of the penalties £500-£1000 in fine,s if you are under 30 insuring for the first time its going to cost you £2- £3000 for minimum insurance third party only so its cheaper to take a chance now with the big brother tactics if you own a car you have to have insurance whether its in use or not so anyone over there storing a car here could find themselves having to insure the car????? But although i object in principle at least you have a chance the other party is insured unlike over there where from the little experience i have its more likely no insurance and no licence to boot
geordie

Postby otis-a » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:01 pm

interesting to kno it is not totaled
hope a little exercise n time is all what required to aleviate the pain. I would say was some divine intervention given the smasher's condition. Perhaps u will get a time pay outa him. Regular posts of proceedings outcome would b nteresting.
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Postby brent roberts » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:12 am

Greetings MGV12 still cant P.M you but will keep up posting until I can. No luck with the house yet dropped the price as low as we can , now just have to sit and wait. Another winter in N.Z great. Heard Bill had sold great news for him. We hope to be over your way in Dec. work here is a bit slow now but we should be able to make it for 3 or 4 weeks. Keep up the good work. Brent & Dang.
brent roberts

Next

Return to Friendly Banter