Vehicles you've owned! Plus other vehicle stuff.

Tempted to post some off topic material in the Building Forums....... Want to talk about football, your neighbor's dog or exchange friendly barbs with other members?? Start your conversations here!!!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Vehicles you've owned! Plus other vehicle stuff.

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Well this is a differnt car show.

The Grand Tour S01E02 1080p

http://streamin.to/q03lyr1kq5wo
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:31 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Well this is a differnt car show.

Watched show 2 last evening ... personally I feel they are throwing mega bucks at it but I prefer the original Top Gear.

Having said that ... even there towards the end they were spending far too much time on the pranks IMLTHO 8)

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:54 pm

BKKBILL wrote:Well this is a differnt car show.

That's as close to a virus as you can get from Tonga. Beware the places that end in TO, it doesn't mean Tokyo it stands for Tonga.

MGV12,
MGV12 wrote:Watched show 2 last evening ... personally I feel they are throwing mega bucks at it but I prefer the original Top Gear.

They have dead spots, whereas in the previous Top Gear they flowed from one thing to another. I blame the BBC for declaring everything that Clarkson originated their intellectual property. In other words, the only smart thing the BBC did was buy out Clarkson's share.
I actually thought the last part hilarious for just 22 hours of solid filming. I loved it when Clarkson tried to make the excuse he's been burnt by an ejected shell because he's left handed. The H & K MP5 comes with two different ejector port slides which can be changed in oh, about 5 seconds. :lol:
The Special Forces would have been rolling around on the floor throughout the whole thing, especially when May shot the Queen.
They have to fill in those blank spaces and bring back the old Stig Ben Collins, and I bet they are working on it now.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:57 pm

For those who don't mind the small screen : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XnIp4q-C-Q
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:04 pm

As if those of us who have enjoyed Top Gear over the years would need to be reminded why it can never effectively be ... replicated/duplicated/improved upon.

Even by the original team.

A reasonable summary of why those responsible at the BBC for its demise should be publicly flogged:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:48 pm

MGV12 wrote:A reasonable summary of why those responsible at the BBC for its demise should be publicly flogged:

Why have they still got their jobs? If one of us was responsible for the collapse of a public utility causing a loss of billions of tax payers dollars, the politicians would be the first to be calling for public flogging to be introduced.
If it happened in a huge Corporation that relied almost totally for the salaries of hundreds of employees, I'm sure people would be calling for gaol time at the least, yet there has only been outcry from the masses, which has been ignored by the politically correct.
Perhaps they should go after the morons at the top of the BBC for allowing it to come to this....which includes all the lawyers who went along with bosses?
At least the public can see where the money was spent now.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:25 am

Something to look forward to next week:

I hope it's another charity Ground Maintenance one. James will certainly get his revenge. :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:Something to look forward to next week:

I hope it's another charity Ground Maintenance one. James will certainly get his revenge. :lol: :lol:

Yes IMO much better as the boys were in their forté ... being child-like :D

Don't forget to fasten your seat belt :wink: :wink: :wink:

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:29 am

A little more visual design, lower price this might be a winner.

Slider_Test3_1920.jpg

http://www.johammer.com/en/electric-motorcycle/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BKKBILL

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:24 am

BKKBILL wrote:A little more visual design, lower price this might be a winner.

They might also like to take it out in the rain for a bit of testing and see what the rider has to say with his boots full of water and his leathers ruined after the two hours. It's why they put fairings on bikes nowadays. 30 tear off strips later and it gets a bit expensive. Or they could do what Thais do and shelter under overpasses or walkways unless their wife and kids are on the back with an umbrella. :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:07 pm

I can see why it won't exceed 75mph

Big mouth.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MGV12

Postby MGV12 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Martin Brundle doing better than anyone else ever has ..................

MGV12

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:47 pm

I liked that one MGV12 nice to hear the real persons views.

On another downward spiral we have Chris Evans. Oh Well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top- ... ed-9508832
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Just started to watch Top Gear 'A Finnish Happy Christmas' or whatever:

The real and original Top Gear made it's name by being a British Show fronted by British folk, in a British way, and for a British audience. It caught on with many other countries ... for being what it was.

The 'new' Top Gear' never got out of the blocks as it never knew what it was or who it was really aimed at; not helped by having the wrong choice of presenters.

The Amazon version is little better ... due mostly to it's being funded by an American company perhaps ... aiming mostly at an American audience; even though there is already an American Top Gear.

I started [for a mere second] to feel like I would get more from watching Fifth Gear .... but of course instantly realised there is so much more entertaining stuff out there.

JC and the boys are making a shed-load of money ... but their credibility is sliding down a slippery slope IMO.

MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:05 pm

MGV12,
Top Gear America has been cancelled.
I agree with what you said about The Grand Tour. The first thing they need to do is get rid of the Yank Stig. The second thing is to get rid of all the talking and get some cars on the show. Nobody in their right mind would test drive the Mustang and Focus RS, two absolute pieces of garbage with more design faults than a $300 military ashtray, which was clearly shown when they both came last on the board, not even being able to come within 10 seconds of the three BMWs.
I have this sneaky feeling they are doing most of this intentionally. Richard is over-acting all the Yank parts, James rarely says anything now and Jeremy has no new ideas, or what he has, aren't working.
Get the old Stig back, sack the yank even though he's a Director of Amazon and the face of NASCAR in America and make it British to the core again. Totally.
Roger Ramjet

PreviousNext

Return to Friendly Banter