Concrete Surface Patching Materials available?

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Concrete Surface Patching Materials available?

Postby thailazer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:06 am

Heading in to town in a few days to try to find some concrete patching material to fix some grooves in the shop floor. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is available to do a surface patch 1/2 inch deep that can feather nicely? The prepackaged mixes with a bit of latex always worked nicely in the USA and am hoping I can find something here.
thailazer

Re: Concrete Surface Patching Materials available?

Postby thailazer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Thought I would update this thread in case anyone else is looking for it. Home Pro does indeed carry the concrete patching material. It is called Feather Patch and it sells by the one-kilogram bag for 50 baht. Good stuff! You can use it on vertical and horizontal surfaces, and you can find it near the adhesives and acrylic wall putties.
thailazer

Postby geordie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 am

You have done it now :lol: we will expect reports on strength and adhesion qualities at a later date
Out of interest was it a hole (wear and tear/abuse Or a crack in the floor (always murder to hide)
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby thailazer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:56 am

geordie wrote:You have done it now :lol: we will expect reports on strength and adhesion qualities at a later date
Out of interest was it a hole (wear and tear/abuse Or a crack in the floor (always murder to hide)

It was a marred area in my shop that someone threw or slid a toolbox into after they finished the floor. Put the Feather Patch down yesterday and it worked well. Was able to use 120 grit sandpaper after three hours of cure for a perfect feather to the original surface. Swept it this morning and it looks great, just a darker color which should lighten up after it fully cures. Will paint it soon.
thailazer

Postby thaicbr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:47 am

Has anyone seen the pre mixed concrete in bags, like quikcrete?

If yes where. Thaiwatsuda , Global etc. Thanks.
thaicbr

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:27 pm

thaicbr wrote:Has anyone seen the pre mixed concrete in bags, like quikcrete?

Yes, Thai Watsadu has them. Don't forget to use a bonding agent like Lanco 451 to bind the old to the new.
Roger Ramjet

Postby thaicbr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:

Yes, Thai Watsadu has them. Don't forget to use a bonding agent like Lanco 451 to bind the old to the new.

Roger. Sorry to be a pain. Can you tell me the name in Thai also its for fence posts and as a bedding for garden pavers. I'm trying to make it as easy as possible. Doing the job myself.
thaicbr

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:33 pm

thaicbr wrote:Roger. Sorry to be a pain. Can you tell me the name in Thai also its for fence posts and as a bedding for garden pavers. I'm trying to make it as easy as possible. Doing the job myself.

I just scoured the workshop, but I have no bags left. When I bought mine I asked for 3 in 1 at Thai Watsadu and that's what they gave me. There's always someone at Thai Watsadu who will eventually understand with a little patomime. Sorry not much help, but the best I can offer.
Roger Ramjet

Postby RusThai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:

Do you mix a portion of lanco 451 with the quick crete? Or do you put a thin layer down, let it dry. Then fill cement? My job is to fix a wall that has a few chuncks missing at the bottom.
RusThai

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:41 pm

RusThai wrote:Do you mix a portion of lanco 451 with the quick crete? Or do you put a thin layer down, let it dry. Then fill cement? My job is to fix a wall that has a few chuncks missing at the bottom.

By the end of my build I was having Lanco mixed with everything, including the render material. The render bloke loved it and claimed it made his job easier. When we lade the PVC flooring there were two areas that needed skimming and we used 451 with that as well. When we bonded the precast planks to the concrete mix we wet the whole surface area with 451 as well. I swear by it.
Roger Ramjet

Return to cement, concrete and mortar