Cement mixers/fun at Thaiwatsado

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Cement mixers/fun at Thaiwatsado

Postby cooked » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:55 am

Saw two bunches of cement mixers yesterday, Thaiwatsado, ฿9500 and ฿12500. Looked identical at first glance. I was told that the more expensive one had legs so you can raise it to a usable height. Ok, I'll take that one. paid for and loaded. mmm... where are the legs? Not here yet, still in China. I had a hell of a job getting my money back and paying for the cheaper one.. I nearly had a heart attack laughing. I put them on a couple of pallets, no problem.
I just had to tell somebody about this.
Dolt: a dull or foolish fellow
cooked

Re: Cement mixers/fun at Thaiwatsado

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:01 am

cooked,
cooked wrote:Saw two bunches of cement mixers yesterday, Thaiwatsado, ฿9500 and ฿12500. Looked identical at first glance. I was told that the more expensive one had legs so you can raise it to a usable height.

Are you sure you didn't buy a cement render mixer?
Roger Ramjet

Postby cooked » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am

No, they were available as well. I hadn't seen these machines at this price before, so, getting one hell of a backache yesterday and having seen them advertised, I went got one. Can't load ta picture I'm afraid, computer problems.
cooked

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:23 am

cooked,
Okay, no problems then. It was just that Thai Watsadu tried to flog me one when they didn't know me.
Roger Ramjet

Postby cooked » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:32 am

Well they know me now, after their throwing of cement sacks on to the truck so that they burst, tried to take off the rope that I had used to attach a load and re-do it, (been doing that since I was 12 years old) and distributing beers last time when I thought they did a good job. I don't rant as a rule, but people do notice when I am annoyed. My wife didn't want to go back after the cement sack episode.
cooked

Return to cement, concrete and mortar