LANKO 751 Lankolatex application before rendering ..

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

LANKO 751 Lankolatex application before rendering ..

Postby groucho » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:25 pm

Hello,

From my reading at CTH this product is a must have prior to rendering all surfaces. Shortly my crew will be moving inside to start rendering interior walls. I have read the data sheet from LANKO, but I am not sure what the correct application for walls is? For instance do you have to wait for LANKO to dry before the plaster goes on? I see that the mix ratio recommended to is to dilute Lanko 751 Lankolatex, 1 part with 2 parts water. Do you just brush it on?

Thanks,

-groucho
groucho

Re: LANKO 751 Lankolatex application before rendering ..

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:40 pm

groucho,
After you dilute it, instead of adding water to the render, add the Lanko mix. My people loved it as it made the render easier to apply.
Roger Ramjet

Postby groucho » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks RR .. I am trying to calculate how many 20 liter pails I would need to cover the interior walls. I have 4 1/2 floors, each story is about 80 meters, that is just floor space. So I need to figure out the circumference wall space, including dividing walls for bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.

-groucho
groucho

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:53 am

groucho wrote:I am trying to calculate how many 20 liter pails I would need to cover the interior walls. I have 4 1/2 floors, each story is about 80 meters, that is just floor space. So I need to figure out the circumference wall space, including dividing walls for bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.

I bought a total of 5 for a 430+ sq metre build, which included the slabs (over reinforced planks) as well as the rendered walls and still have a half pail left. Really really top stuff.
Roger Ramjet

Postby groucho » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 am

Roger Ramjet wrote:
groucho wrote:I am trying to calculate how many 20 liter pails I would need to cover the interior walls. I have 4 1/2 floors, each story is about 80 meters, that is just floor space. So I need to figure out the circumference wall space, including dividing walls for bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.

I bought a total of 5 for a 430+ sq metre build, which included the slabs (over reinforced planks) as well as the rendered walls and still have a half pail left. Really really top stuff.

Any idea if the added "mix" can be used for polished concrete floors?

-Groucho
groucho

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 am

Groucho,
groucho wrote:Any idea if the added "mix" can be used for polished concrete floors?

I have no idea about that. Lanko has a huge range of products though.
Roger Ramjet

Postby groucho » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:14 am

I think I want to add the LANKO to the thin finish coat on my walls called kat man. (polish shiny) It is composed of Sua (tiger super, green lettered bags) portland cement powder and water. (no sand) I believe an additive like Lanko or Sika latex would definitely aid adhesion and limit cracking.

-groucho
groucho

Return to cement, concrete and mortar