Cheap Cement

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Cheap Cement

Postby sstipetic » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Hey guys, I am looking to find out if anyone knows where is the cheapest cement to buy in Thailand (quality) and what is the current cost?
We are in Surin, but travelling all over to get the cheapest products today I went to Ubon to source red bricks. The saving I got from this is about 25,000 Baht off my cheapest round Surin and tiles I found in Bangkok, quality for a fraction of the cost, so now I am looking for cement. Any help guys is greatly appreciated. Once I have a full list of all the materials needed to build the house I will post them so its easy for anyone else who is looking for a bargain to.
sstipetic

Re: Cheap Cement

Postby thunder30101 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 pm

You only have two choices ready mix or hand mix. Ready mix price will depend on distance to job site other than that price per cube is going to be about the same wherever you check. Hand mix is labor dependent, who will do it the cheapest ? Sometimes though cheapest is not the best. Also depends on how large the pour is which will dictate which to choose.
thunder30101

Postby sstipetic » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Oh my mistake, its not ready mix it is cement bags I am looking at. It is for walls etc. So I am looking for the cheapest price and location. I think it will be Bangkok, but not 100% sure. I know the local shops sell for 120-150 baht per bag, so where are they buying from and how much for.
sstipetic

Postby gliffaes » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:30 am

sstipetic wrote:Oh my mistake, its not ready mix it is cement bags I am looking at. It is for walls etc. So I am looking for the cheapest price and location. I think it will be Bangkok, but not 100% sure. I know the local shops sell for 120-150 baht per bag, so where are they buying from and how much for.

Depends which cement you need Boon Daeng is the most expensive , I got it for 100 baht a bag buy 10 get one free at Thai Watsaud but you can pay less for lesser quality.
Global House or Thai Watsadu
gliffaes

Return to cement, concrete and mortar