wall not painted..but...

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

wall not painted..but...

Postby Sunpax » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Is it possible in Thailand to color directly the cement plaster ? and like this no need to paint the wall..
Sunpax

Re: wall not painted..but...

Postby fredlk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Sunpax wrote:Is it possible in Thailand to color directly the cement plaster ? and like this no need to paint the wall..

It is mentioned in http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1950.
fredlk

Postby Sunpax » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:27 pm

I mean walls of the house not the driveway floor (or did I miss something about) ! because i thinck it's not the same ciment ...in my country we can by the premix ciment plaster already colored ...
Sunpax

Postby grant » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:36 am

Sunpax wrote:Is it possible in Thailand to color directly the cement plaster ? and like this no need to paint the wall..

Yes, it's easy to do but the look will not be as uniform as a painted wall and the colors will be more limited. I used dry pigments mixed with Lanko 110 Skimcoat http://www.en.th.parexdavco.com/product ... oduct=1033. I had samples mixed until I got the right mix of red and yellow pigments to achieve the color I was looking for. It's important to apply a waterproofing agent after the plaster dries to prevent dusting, hand prints, etc. and make cleaning easy. The overall look is far better than paint in my opinion and it will not flake off or fade with time. I also used a Lanko skimcoat plaster that already has white pigment added to it for some walls. It does provide a very smooth and uniform white surface that does not require painting but it takes some expertise to apply it properly so that trowel lines are not visible.
grant

Postby Sunpax » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanck you...........
Sunpax

Return to cement, concrete and mortar