Pre stressed concrete slabs

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Pre stressed concrete slabs

Postby Nawty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:45 am

What is the maximum length you can use these without supports in the centre...cross beams or such ?

If i had an area that was 10m long and 6m wide, 2 level, and I wanted the ground floor celing to be exposed wooden beams.....how could i do this ??

I would like to use wood beams and wood floor...so that you then see the beams and the underside of the floor from the ground level....but worried about squeekyness from above and general movement.

We used this method on the bungalow here....

But i would want something a lot stronger, secure and no squeeky as the room above will be the busy room...the main bedroom.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Re: Pre stressed concrete slabs

Postby pattayapope » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Nawty

Do you mean the thin ones used in shop house for second floors, I don't think these are good for more than 4 or 5 meters but if you mean the true pre stressed beams 10 meters should be no problem, they are upgrading Sukumvit road in Leam Chabang and the new bridges have probably 10 meter spans with pre stressed beams (look about 200 mm think and 5000 mm wide). CPAC could probably give you some help, if you speak Thai or a family member they have a contact number in Chonburi. I contacted them one time about some H beam fence posts and they were quite helpfull, I had a Thai with me to talk to them

What about steel trust type support for upper floor this should work and and may work out cheaper in long run
pattayapope

Re: Pre stressed concrete slabs

Postby MGV12 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Click on the link below it will take you to the hollow core plank section of PCC [Piboon Concrete Co Ltd]

Down the left are the plank sizes they do and clicking on these will give you all the technical data

http://pccnew.pcc-concrete.co.th/index. ... -core-slab

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Return to cement, concrete and mortar