stamp concreting chiangmai info prices

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

stamp concreting chiangmai info prices

Postby thaifly » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:30 pm

its a gidday to you geordie and all..its the thai fly frommae rim...many thanks geordie for your reply on my building story re..stamp concreting..i have moved the thread from my building story to the above....to keep it on topic...now geordie you supplied with.....www.winflor.com whats your recommendation on them????i have made phone contact with www.stonebuild.com and was quoted 650 baht a sqmetre..remember that our paths are already been laid..will chase up winflor in due course...if the thaiflys memory serves him correctly he cannot recall anything on stamp concreting on the board...and geordi how do you rate the product????..its a inquistive gidday to allits the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Re: stamp concreting chiangmai info prices

Postby dozer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:30 pm

I was very interested in this at one point and was investigating doing the pigmentation + stamping without a company. One poster, atlasshrugged did that and it turned out nicely, however, not recommended for everyone. As I recall the basic price was in fact about 600 or so per square meter. The newer mall here in Pattaya used stamped concrete to good effect.

Here is another related post:
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=945&start=0&hilit=stamped+concrete

Let us know how it goes.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby geordie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 pm

hi thaifly the name was not a recomendation i was guessing at you using them because they are local however one of their boast is they will travel eveywhere you asked where i picked up the name it was from an old posting of cruzing 1995 if you type in the name of the company it does actually apear a couple of times i noted it as i had an intrest!!!
the product itself you have first to remember its concrete it has all the flaws you get with any concrete

it spends all day absorbing heat cools slowly
it can suffer badly if not enough care taken on install
as with all concrete it needs a firm base and frequent expansion joints if you are laying over existing concrete make sure they cover the old conrete with film(plastic sheet) so that it flexes seperatly from the slab its going over every couple of years in uk we have to apply a kind of varnish over it to keep it sealed here the coulour is troweled onto the wet concrete so it only penetrates a couple of mil max so it is posible to damage it chips ect showing as a grey mark the normal concrete coulour not the end of the world but like a tile its impossible to repair
at least with a tile you can replace it with relative ease any future services you are likely to put in allow for now put in a couple of ducts under/ across the paths for that new light or water feed you may add its very very dificul to patch almost imposible in fact
hope this has not put you off because at the end of the day i personally think it looks great there are a shed load of textures coulours available it litteraly transforms a boring peice of concrete overnight maintainace is minimal keeping it varnished stops oil ect from staining it
a good blast with a drop of detergent and a hose brings it back to pristine condition mine has been down 5-6 years and i still love it drive way and paths compared to what else was available it is going to live longer than all the other driveways locally money well invested i would say
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby thaifly » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:50 am

gidday to geordie and all..its the thai fly from mae rim..the thai fly is doing some homework to day ...will get back in due course...its A STAMPED CONCRETE OF A GIDDAY TO ALL ITS THE THAI FLY FROM MAE RIM
thaifly

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:26 am

thaifly sorry once again cannot do links but anyone interested shoud read the following
google search --- AJ McCormack-paving and drainage advice

he refers to it as pic (patern imprinted concrete) when you find his site scroll down to it great reading let me know what you think geordie
geordie

Postby thaifly » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:08 pm

its a gidday to geordie...its the thaifly from mae rim..thanks for the macormick file..interesting stuff....now the stamped concrete is on the backburner for a time mainly due to...can they excute a tricky job properly???? whilst i feel its a great product..the latter has me concerned..and too boot they are only offering a 2year guarantee as ...should be 5 yrs in my eyes...i have several othe ideas in the pot...and about half the price...and stone cladding my retaining wall is our num,ber one priorty..then we will thrw the dice on the footpaths..thanks for your interest and help...its A TWO ID GIDDAY TO ALL...its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby geordie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:30 am

hello Thaifly its easy stuff to get wrong so i do"nt blame you putting it on the back burner for now
one of my concerns is it is a special mix fine grade concrete with fibre incorperated into it you can do it with any concrete but use the wrong mix and you end up with a poor quality finish that will not last very long at all
the other problem i could see over there is the heat setting off the concrete before you get a chance to print as you trowel in a surface hardener imediatly prior to stamping ??? get that wrong you need a jack hammer to put it right all in all its a great product but it has to be applied correctly or it becomes a disaster to put right
geordie

Postby thaifly » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:03 am

[quote="geordie"]hello Thaifly its easy stuff to get wrong so i do"nt blame you putting it on the back burner for now
quote]
its a gidday to geordie and all....its the thai fly from mae rim...FOLLOWING UP MY INITIAL ENQUIRIES...the thaifly has moved the job..to the slow burner..without going into great detail..we have made some progress..with the quality of the job concerns..and have batted them down to 600 baht a sq metre..from 650 baht...and the thai fly is not finished with that quote either..as he has nt ..produced the BLACK BOOK for getting a better price....ITS A SECRET WEAPON OF A GIDDAY TO ALL.
....its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby thaifly » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:03 am

[quote="geordie"]hello Thaifly its easy stuff to get wrong so i do"nt blame you putting it on the back burner for now
quote]
its a gidday to geordie and all....its the thai fly from mae rim...FOLLOWING UP MY INITIAL ENQUIRIES...the thaifly has moved the job..to the slow burner..without going into great detail..we have made some progress..with the quality of the job concerns..and have batted them down to 600 baht a sq metre..from 650 baht...and the thai fly is not finished with that quote either..as he has nt ..produced the BLACK BOOK for getting a better price....ITS A SECRET WEAPON OF A GIDDAY TO ALL.
....its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby thaifly » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:59 pm

its a gidday to all .its the thai fly from mae rim...further to my last post..the thai fly visited two jobs that they have done recently and came away plesantly impressed..good recomendations from ownwers etc etc..so taking into the above...the job is on the slow burner for sure...just have other jobs on the agenda...b.b.cue area...aussie style...and of course a bar area to go with it...its a busy thai fly gidday to all...its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby thaifly » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 am

thaifly wrote:.and have batted them down to 600 baht a sq metre..from 650 baht...and the thai fly is not finished with that quote either..as he has nt ..produced the BLACK BOOK for getting a better price....ITS A SECRET WEAPON OF A GIDDAY TO ALL.

ITS A GIDDAY TO ALL..its the thaifly from mae rim...yesterday had a visit from a geeser .to give us a firm quote .. on stamp concreting our footpaths..and THE BLACK BOOK was produced..sadly this time around ..the black book turned out.. to be a old rusty rifle. :o .as the price went back to 650 baht a sq metre. :shock: :shock: . the oringnal quote..due to the nature of the job .footpaths being uneven etc etc..and travelling distance was thrown in as well....told the geeser to STICK IT UP HIS JUMPER. 8) .550 baht a sq metre or nothing..he was hardly impressed..so at this moment of time the fly has canned the job. :D :D :D .and besides the geeser had a very...small mouth..never trust someone with a small mouth.. my old man used to say. :lol: :lol: :lol: .ahh well nothing ventuerd ..nothing gained.. :D :D :D ...ITS A JITTERY CHELSEA CENTRAL DEFENDERS..GIDDAY TO ALL..its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby geordie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:52 am

i always though a small mouth was good less volume from the wife???

Shame about the concrete its great looking stuff and robust did you not show him the forum and explain how many people would see his product and what a huge favour you were doing him using his company in the first place

By the way £55-£65 mtr sqare uk price now=bht2195-bht3445
geordie

Return to cement, concrete and mortar