Cement PRICES (50 Kg bags)

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Cement PRICES (50 Kg bags)

Postby jazzman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:22 am

For up-to-date cement prices, do check out Dozer's blog
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Re: Cement PRICES (50 Kg bags)

Postby Sunpax » Fri May 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Hello

I am looking for construction prices in 2010...for ciment both grade , sand , concret, metal, ciment block both size...?

Thanck you and sorry for my soso English :)

Mimi
Sunpax

Postby dozer » Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 am

elephant brand ช้าง = 121 at homemart but recently going up
tiger เสือ = 115 at homemart but recently going up

They are currently honoring the lower price since I've been buying there for a while at the lower price but they say it is going up. Also I have found this year that the prices vary more than before between shops, a local shop who normally is pretty competitive was at 155 for ช้าง which is very expensive. Unfortunately prices are dependent on area this is only good for Pattaya, and also are subject to rapid change.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby MGV12 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:10 pm

dozer wrote:elephant brand ช้าง = 121 at homemart but recently going up
tiger เสือ = 115 at homemart but recently going up

They are currently honoring the lower price since I've been buying there for a while at the lower price but they say it is going up. Also I have found this year that the prices vary more than before between shops, a local shop who normally is pretty competitive was at 155 for ช้าง which is very expensive. Unfortunately prices are dependent on area this is only good for Pattaya, and also are subject to rapid change.

My local small Chinese/Thai materials shop in Maejo [Chiang Mai] was still charging 85 for Tiger when I bought there this week; cheaper than all the nationwide 'sheds' as is often the case. ALWAYS check out your local small seller and NEVER assume that the 'big boys' will be cheaper as they have the same strategic selling style employed by the food supermarkets; heavily promote and advertise 'loss leaders' at cost, or sometimes even below cost, to bring customers in and then mark up items that their historic research suggests the customer will also buy when in the store ......... assuming it's a good price.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby dozer » Sun May 30, 2010 7:42 am

There are differences regionally, but I don't think to this extent. Tiger has a number of different branded products, this is the one most commonly referred to as sua cement, and at the bottom there is ก่อ ฉาบ เท (build, render, pour), not sure if the we are talking about the same product. Also a shot of the elephant brand one.
Attachments
cement IMG_2269.jpg
เสือ Tiger brand
cement IMG_2266.jpg
ช้าง Elephant brand
dozer
Site Admin

Postby MGV12 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:38 am

dozer wrote:There are differences regionally, but I don't think to this extent. Tiger has a number of different branded products, this is the one most commonly referred to as sua cement, and at the bottom there is ก่อ ฉาบ เท (build, render, pour), not sure if the we are talking about the same product. Also a shot of the elephant brand one.

Just checked again and mine are the 40Kg Tiger Super ..... apologies for the confusion. I can't carry those 50Kg bags as I am from the country of wimps where the law does not allow anything containing building materials to weigh more than 25Kg; mind you it might reduce the number of construction workers with bad backs if they did that here. It might also reduce the number with bad vision if they banned the sale of 'white whiskey' ....... neither are likely to happen.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Sunpax » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:06 pm

To compare...

I really like to know the difference between a 12000 bahts m2 construction and a 6000 bahts m2 construction ?

Is it about ciment or block or fondation , metal choice ? this basic things....? or more about tiles and windows and kitchen equipements ? i mean more about all decoration painting or what ?
Sunpax

Return to cement, concrete and mortar