Polished cement walls? Decorative brick walls? etc.

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Polished cement walls? Decorative brick walls? etc.

Postby homeless007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Newbie....:-) THX.

Need guidance for my next big condo remodel. I have a good open minded contractor, but like to be prepared and understand things. I keep it short and simple and say THANK YOU! for any feedback and help.

1) Best way to get interior walls done with the medium shiny cement/concrete polished look? Would consider cladding, even aluminum type or similar if still affordable.

2) Decorative red or other type brick-walls? the real thing or cladding?

3) Sound-proofing floors (tiled) mainly music/movies? Now just bare concrete, old style building.

4) I will need an affordable type wood? Teak-wood sheets that are glued like rubber-wood? (Bon-wood?) for doors, some table tops, mainly shelves combined with brushed sst.

5) Any "out-of the box" kitchen ideas. No cabinets, doors etc.???

Any idea, pictures, advise how to get my industrial type condo project going very much appreciated. Have experience, but just modern style units. This will be my last condo for myself before my C kills me and I want it to be special. BTW, have very high ceilings as top-floor and can go into roof.

Thank you all so much. HL.
homeless007

Re: Polished cement walls? Decorative brick walls? etc.

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:50 pm

homeless007 wrote:4) I will need an affordable type wood? Teak-wood sheets that are glued like rubber-wood? (Bon-wood?) for doors, some table tops, mainly shelves combined with brushed sst.

You won't find something like that but you can get high quality Thai plywood with a really superb top and bottom veneer (good thickness as well) that is around 4,500 Baht per 8' x 4' sheet in ¾" in wood street
Sometimewoodworker

Re: Polished cement walls? Decorative brick walls? etc.

Postby homeless007 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
homeless007 wrote:4) I will need an affordable type wood? Teak-wood sheets that are glued like rubber-wood? (Bon-wood?) for doors, some table tops, mainly shelves combined with brushed sst.

You won't find something like that but you can get high quality Thai plywood with a really superb top and bottom veneer (good thickness as well) that is around 4,500 Baht per 8' x 4' sheet in ¾" in wood street

Thank you for that valued & interesting info. HL.
homeless007

Return to cement, concrete and mortar