- tiles and coverings
- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Buying Colorbond in the Chiang Mai area

Postby Aguda » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 am

Has anyone had any luck buying Colorbond with the cliplock in Chiang Mai ? For the past few weeks I haven't had much luck getting a quote on the real thing.
I want Colorbond .50 mm with the cliplock system for our roof. So far my experience has been:

The Bluescope Dealer near Promenada Mall - Asked for Colorbond and was quoted Bluescope Zacs Cool - not the quality I want and screwed through the roof.

Roofing vendor across from Kad Falang - First thing out of their mouth was we wouldn't be happy with Colorbond " too noisy in the rain". They then
proceeded to quote .035mm Zacs Cool with insulation at 175/sq.m. When I explained that I wanted Colorbond they came back with a quote of 275/ sq.m
but I would need to purchase 1500 sq.meters for my 300 sq. meter roof and they don't have anyone to install cliplock roofs.

Tried to contact Steel and Solar in Bangplee via their contact us link on the website without response. Waited a few days and sent an e-mail to the sales
department without response. After another few days wait and had my wife call as I don't speak passable Thai yet. Very professional sales staff, yes they
have the Colorbond cliplock in .50mm in the desired color 321/sq.m. plus delivery to Hang Dong but they don't have anyone to install it as they are tied up
on a large project in Bangkok.

We called T-one in Chiang Mai, the salesman told my wife the Colorbond cliplock was not appropriate for a home and should only be used on a warehouse.
I spoke to him and asked what was appropriate and he e-mailed me a brochure on Lysaght 360 which I am interested in but it needs a special tool to fold
over the seams which he may be able to borrow from another branch. I don't want to be his first experiment and practice case with my roof. Again they
pushed the Zacs Cool product in .35mm. I asked for a quote for Colorbond cliplock and the Lysaght 360 (thinking to have the other branch send an experienced
installer with the tool). Five days have gone by no quote yet.

At this point I don't know if I would trust any installer to install Colorbond cliplock due to a lack of experience. Does anyone in the Chiang Mai area have cliplock
installed and are you happy with it and the installation as well? If so, would you care to share the installers contact Info, I would be most grateful. My wife has
been pushing for a tile roof and we told the builder to design the foundation and columns to support the weight of tile. I really like the Colorbond product but
don't like the appearance of the screws in the roof.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope someone in the area has some good installer information, If so Steel and Solar will get some business.
Aguda

Re: Buying Colorbond in the Chiang Mai area

Postby Aguda » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Just got a response from T-One roofing on the Lysaght 360 if anyone is interested. Price per square meter is 3500 baht, a bit more than I would be willing to spend,
Didn't bother to ask if that included the insulation system which looks like it would be very effective for noise and heat.
Aguda

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:20 am

Aguda wrote:Just got a response from T-One roofing on the Lysaght 360 if anyone is interested. Price per square meter is 3500 baht, a bit more than I would be willing to spend,
Didn't bother to ask if that included the insulation system which looks like it would be very effective for noise and heat.

Unless you have added an extra 0 that's a crazy price. Our roof, cliplock installed by SSR was 300 Baht per square meter.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Aguda » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:34 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:Unless you have added an extra 0 that's a crazy price. Our roof, cliplock installed by SSR was 300 Baht per square meter.

Yes. that was the price quoted and yes a crazy price. Steel and Solar Roof quoted me 321/sq.m for Colorbond V-700BLH plus delivery which
is a clip-locked design. I would purchase it from them, but they are unable to do the installation. At this point they are the only ones I trust
to do the job after the poor sales attitude from the roofing outfits here in Chiang Mai.
The Lysaght 360 looks like an excellent product with a well designed acoustic and thermal solution. The panels attach with the clip-locks and
the seams are rolled over 360 degress to prevent leaks. At that price it just isn't happening. Here is a link to the brochure:

http://www.lysaght.co.th/wp-content/upl ... k_seam.pdf

Unfortunately, we must make a roofing decision soon as the build starts in a few weeks. I am considering an SCG product called Ayara Modern

http://www.scgbuildingmaterials.net/Fil ... load-3.pdf

The tiles run 66 Baht each and are 80mmx51mm waiting on a quote now with steel, foil insulation and labor. SCG guarantees against leaks for
10 years if they do the installation.
Aguda

Postby Saffles » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Did you try BK Metal Sheet? They have branches all over Thailand. Quoted me for .50 Colorbond and .40 Zacs

053-963277

Mark
Saffles

Postby Aguda » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello Saffles,

Thank you for the great contact information! They definitely appear to be a large outfit from the number of branches
they list on their website. They appear to be very close to our building site according to the map but I never noticed the
shop. Do you know if they are on Hang Dong Road (highway 108) or a side street? the map marker keeps moving as I zoom in.
I will pay them a visit tomorrow for sure ! Thanks again !
Aguda

Postby Saffles » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:10 am

All I have...

155/1 ถ.เชียงใหม่-ลำปาง ต.สารภี อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50140 ติดต่อ คุณวรพล

Call me Mark
Saffles

Postby Aguda » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 am

Thank you Mark!
I meant to call you by your name last time but had already posted my reply, I should have edited.
Will visit later today before picking my son up at school. Have you had any dealings with Lion Metal Sheet
also in Hang Dong? I found them as I was searching out BK Metal Sheet. They look like a large outfit.
Thank you again !

Hugo
Aguda

Postby Saffles » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi Hugo,

I live in Phayao. BK and T-One have branches here. BK and another shop in Chiang Rai gave me a very good quotes using my engineer's roofing plan... Down to less than 1 mt in sections. I will build the roofing frame and then have them come and measure. But we are not starting yet... Rainy season.

BK was 290 for Colorbond in white plus insulation.

Mark
Saffles

Return to roofing