- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Bluescope Zacs

Postby Saffles » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi All,

I was stating to look at roof materials and had decided on a white Colorbond roof. I went to a couple of places and they said they had Bluescopes' Zacs in Asian White. I noticed on spec sheets that Zacs is 5 layers and Colorbond is 7.

Question: has anyone used the Zacs? Is so would they recommend?

Thanks,

Mark
Saffles

Re: Bluescope Zacs

Postby Saffles » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Found a shop in Chiang Rai that will sale Colorbond but have to buy the entire role! Over 800 meters I think...

Mark
Saffles

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:40 am

Saffles wrote:Found a shop in Chiang Rai that will sale Colorbond but have to buy the entire role! Over 800 meters I think...

There are a number of builds here that used Colorbond through Bluescope Thailand and each time the company was contacted they sent out reps who measured, told you what was the best choice for your location and arranged for the foam to be installed at the factory. I used them, Fred used them and so did STWW and not one of us had/has a complaint. They deliver all over Thailand and all you have to do is send them an email and you'll get a near instant reply.
They came to my house and took a copy of the roof plans with them, the Managing Director contacted me and we arranged a date, the thickness of the foam with silver foil backing and the thickness of the Colorbond. They even sent specs for the steel joists/bearers, distance apart and then came and fitted the whole thing from start to finish in a few hours.
Be warned, there are cheap Chinese versions out there at mom and pop stores and even the larger superstores, but there is only one distributer of Colorbond in Thailand. Here's their website: http://www.bluescope.co.th/bluescope-thailand-en/ Do not be fooled into the cheap Chinese version that may last just a few years, Colorbond give a warranty of 30 years.
Good luck.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Saffles » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks RR,

When get the detailed house plans for the engineer will call. Was just getting info until then.

Mark
Saffles

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
Saffles wrote:Found a shop in Chiang Rai that will sale Colorbond but have to buy the entire role! Over 800 meters I think...

There are a number of builds here that used Colorbond through Bluescope Thailand and each time the company was contacted they sent out reps who measured, told you what was the best choice for your location and arranged for the foam to be installed at the factory. I used them, Fred used them and so did STWW and not one of us had/has a complaint. They deliver all over Thailand and all you have to do is send them an email and you'll get a near instant reply.
They came to my house and took a copy of the roof plans with them, the Managing Director contacted me and we arranged a date, the thickness of the foam with silver foil backing and the thickness of the Colorbond. They even sent specs for the steel joists/bearers, distance apart and then came and fitted the whole thing from start to finish in a few hours.
Be warned, there are cheap Chinese versions out there at mom and pop stores and even the larger superstores, but there is only one distributer of Colorbond in Thailand. Here's their website: http://www.bluescope.co.th/bluescope-thailand-en/ Do not be fooled into the cheap Chinese version that may last just a few years, Colorbond give a warranty of 30 years.
Good luck.

Sorry not quite Fred used Intertech, flubby in Nong Thale, Krabi used Intertech kiwimartin on Ko Pangang used Intertech also your posts say that you used Intertech

They have since changed their name to
http://www.steelandsolarroof.co.th/en/home

They are the Suppliers of the better quality roof material that has a 30 year warranty.
IMG_1686.jpeg

bluescope-thailand Supplies the lower quality bluescope Zacs which only has a 12 years warranty.
Sometimewoodworker

Return to roofing