- tiles and coverings
- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Attic Insulation

Postby claynlr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Anyone know if there are companies in Nakhon Sawan or Kamphaeng Phet, or in that general area, that spray foam on the underside of metal roofs (PU?). And is there one that does blown insulation over the gypsum ceiling?
claynlr

Re: Attic Insulation

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 am

claynlr wrote:Anyone know if there are companies in Nakhon Sawan or Kamphaeng Phet, or in that general area, that spray foam on the underside of metal roofs (PU?). And is there one that does blown insulation over the gypsum ceiling?

Spray PU foam comes in at about 300 Baht per inch per square meter so if your roof area is big enough then they will travel. I have never heard of anyone doing blown insulation in Thailand.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Andyfteeze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am

I got a quote a while back and it was not cheap. Besides, i personally think its a/ not that effective because its only a thin layer, b/ exposed so will be subject to vermin infesatation c/ its exposed so a potential fire risk c/ its thailand so its longevity has to be questioned.

I wouldnt spray it over a gypsum ceiling, I would be buying the foil enclosed batts over a gypsum ceiling. It will be a better long term proposition.
Andyfteeze

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:02 am

Andyfteeze wrote:I got a quote a while back and it was not cheap. Besides, i personally think its a/ not that effective because its only a thin layer, b/ exposed so will be subject to vermin infesatation c/ its exposed so a potential fire risk c/ its thailand so its longevity has to be questioned.

I wouldnt spray it over a gypsum ceiling, I would be buying the foil enclosed batts over a gypsum ceiling. It will be a better long term proposition.

PU foam is not subject to vermin infestation. The only thing that will have any effect on it are birds and the only thing they will do is peck bits off so that isn't a problem. If you have good PUFoam it is extremely difficult to set fire to as it includes fire retardant. It is also good as a sound deader and for a tile roof it is good theft prevention.

The foil enclosed installation is very good value for money
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Andyfteeze » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:22 pm

birds nesting in the foam is infestation to me, lol. They are mostly based in Bangkok so will charge a fair bit to travel. How do you pick good PU foam here?
Not saying its a bad idea, just realise the shortcomings here.
Andyfteeze

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Andyfteeze wrote:birds nesting in the foam is infestation to me, lol.

I didn't say they nested in it, just peck bits off.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Andyfteeze » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:14 pm

I am sure there is a big difference, lol
Andyfteeze

Return to roofing