Roofing costs (frame/truss and tiles/steel)

methods, materials, sources & prices, construction for separate Topics on:
- steel truss
- tiles and coverings
- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Roofing costs (frame/truss and tiles/steel)

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 am

wazza wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:
wazza wrote:You are correct sometime woodworker, I had removed the 180m from the equation and the colorbond was quoted at 500bt per square metre, this quote came from bluescope itself rather than a roof builder

Which of the colorbond,"LYSAGHT KLIP-LOK®, LYSAGHT TRIMDEK®, LYSAGHT ULTIMA HI-RIB® profiles" did you select. Also which thickness? There are three.

I have only been contacting via bluescopes webpage and we had not discussed profile or or thickness or the clip method, I was more trying to get a feel for prices so I can compare with other roofing types.

Note, this is to be a beachfront build and I am concerned about rust and steel, so that is the reason for looking at zincalume trusses. The reasoning behind colourbond (with insulation) is that there are no horizontal joins so less places for storm driven rain to get into roof.

But I also want to compare prices against other materials as do not want to spend a fortune on what will be a holiday house. (my primary home being in Phuket)

If you can visit the factory you can probably get a better price. Take a look at my sunshade build that roof would have been฿350 Sq.m. with insulation

We got "LYSAGHT® Trimmax 825 0.50 tct Clean COLORBOND® XRW G550 AZ150 4400 MM Off White"
This was as listed on the invoice at ฿300 Sq.m. with no insulation.

It was fixed with screws as without a ceiling the cliploc system could have let the roof blow off

For your build I would go with cliploc as there would be fewer places for rust to start.

Later when I can delete the sensitive information I'll post my invoice for extra information.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:36 pm

As promised here is our info

ColorBond Roof.jpg
Sometimewoodworker

Postby fredlk » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:As promised here is our info

From this I conclude that the installation on site plus delivery of my roof-steel from the factory in Khon Kaen to the supplier in Samut Prakhan and supplier to me in Sattahip cost about 40 Baht per square metre.
fredlk

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 am

fredlk wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:As promised here is our info

From this I conclude that the installation on site plus delivery of my roof-steel from the factory in Khon Kaen to the supplier in Samut Prakhan and supplier to me in Sattahip cost about 40 Baht per square metre.

Your material will have come from the factory in Bangkok.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby wazza » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:51 am

Hi there sometime woodworker, looking at your invoice if you take fasteners and flashing into account it works out at approximately 500bt per sq metre.

Do any members have any approximate cost comparisons using steel and tile or steel and asbestos sheet to give me an idea if there are big cost savings to go if i use that route.
I am trying to get an approximate cost on different roofing types per metre before making any decisions. At present still prefer the zincalume colorbond option because of the zero maintenance and building on the coast.
wazza

Postby fredlk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:59 am

wazza wrote: approximate cost comparisons

Max and I worked it out once. He was using tiles and I Colorbond. His roof with steel, insulation and roofing came to about 1,000 Baht per square metre and mine with less steel, a pricier covering and insulation worked out to almost exactly the same. The Colorbond was 340 Baht per square metre and the P.U.Foam sprayed-on insulation was if I remember correctly 50 Baht per square metre.
fredlk

Postby Mike Judd » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:00 pm

24032011871-1.jpg
coated Smart Trusses !1 mt apart for ceiling suspension.
I used the most expensive roofing tiles available ." Excella" which I believe are double the price of Monier concrete tiles because they are furnace fired fully glazed Terracotta Tiles . Both require a heavier strength roof than Colourbond, which allows bigger spans between the rafters. But I don't know how you go with your ceilings if it is the flat Gyprock suspended type. My roof structure itself was a U shaped Hipped roof with two gables set back on the ends for ventilation, supplied and installed by" Smart Truss" on top of double C sections welded together in a box on top of all the column plates .Smart Trusses were 1mt apart with a 1mt eaves overhang all round. Total flat area covered (The actual slope that you decide on is obviously larger)was 222sqmts, Total cost of the roof supplied and installed with facia was B 490,000. (Smart Truss B180,000 + B 310,000 Tiles).
Attachments
P1010880.JPG
Blue grey tiles
Mike Judd

Postby stevie1403 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:38 am

hi all realise this is an older thread but thought I would update on current price of monier prestige that I got yesterday.

The quote I was given was from an official cpac scg supplier. Prestige monier in pewter grey are 15 baht per piece.
stevie1403

Postby pipoz » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:13 pm

stevie1403 wrote:hi all realise this is an older thread but thought I would update on current price of monier prestige that I got yesterday.

The quote I was given was from an official cpac scg supplier. Prestige monier in pewter grey are 15 baht per piece.

Hi Stevie1403,

In mid November (last month) whilst in Udon Thani I looked at the prices of the CPAC Tiles in a roof tile display shop and noted the following

Tile Name-Unit Price in TB-No Pieces Per M2-Basic Roof Tile Cost in TB Per M2 of Roof Area

Zenith 34-11-374

Prestige Horizon 34-11-374

Contrazz or Zeason 19-11-209

I then looked at CPAC NEWSTYLE and AYARA (on web)

NEWSTYLE 45-11-495

AYARA Classic 68-6.25-425

AYARA Modern 60-6.25-375

The CPAC prices were in a shop so they may charge a little for delivery to your site

On top of the basic roof tile cost component, you still need to add cost for
1.Roof Frame: Labour & materials Estimated to be around TB 800 per m2
2. Roof Insulation: Labour & materials Estimated to be around TB 100 per m2
3. Sundry Roof Tiles: Such as for Ridges, Hips etc Per Linear meter
4. Roof Tile Under Flashing: For valleys and ridges Per Linear meter
5. Guttering & Eaves Boards If you plan to have them Per linear meter

Hope this helps

pipoz
pipoz

Postby stevie1403 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:51 am

Hi Pipoz thanks for your reply. I am actually still planning at the moment construction should start later this year. The roof insulation at 100 baht per sqm? What kind of insulation is that. I ask as I looked in Boonthavorn shop i belive it was whilst looking at kitchens and the rolls of roofing insulation were a lot more expensive than that.

Any advise appreciated.
stevie1403

Postby stevie1403 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:51 am

Hi Pipoz thanks for your reply. I am actually still planning at the moment construction should start later this year. The roof insulation at 100 baht per sqm? What kind of insulation is that. I ask as I looked in Boonthavorn shop i belive it was whilst looking at kitchens and the rolls of roofing insulation were a lot more expensive than that.

Any advise appreciated.

Sorry this posted twice I dont know how to delete it. If someone could explain how I will delete it .
stevie1403

Postby sirineou » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:37 am

stevie1403 wrote:Hi Pipoz thanks for your reply. I am actually still planning at the moment construction should start later this year. The roof insulation at 100 baht per sqm? What kind of insulation is that. I ask as I looked in Boonthavorn shop i belive it was whilst looking at kitchens and the rolls of roofing insulation were a lot more expensive than that.

Any advise appreciated.

Sorry this posted twice I dont know how to delete it. If someone could explain how I will delete it .

Dont worry,It happens to all of us some times, I click submit, and it seems like nothing is happening so I click again, and when I look I have a double post :oops:
For me it's not so bad, because my posts are so good, they deserve to be posted twice :mrgreen:
but being the humble guy that I am, I usually click edit and remove all the content from my second post and replace it with a sincere
apology for depriving the members of this forum the pleasure of reading my excelent post twice.
Usually the moderators probably out of jealousy of my magnificent posting skills, good looks and humble demeanor, remove it later on.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby sirineou » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:37 am

Oopps double post , sorry

<BE WARNED the penalty for double-posting has been increased to LIFETIME BAN - have a nice day - mod>
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby pipoz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:21 pm

stevie1403 wrote:Hi Pipoz thanks for your reply. I am actually still planning at the moment construction should start later this year. The roof insulation at 100 baht per sqm? What kind of insulation is that. I ask as I looked in Boonthavorn shop i belive it was whilst looking at kitchens and the rolls of roofing insulation were a lot more expensive than that.

Hi Stevie, honestly I can remember what the insulation type was and how I came up with TB 100 per m2, but it was priced up in Udon Thani at a place called Home Center, I think. Attached are some photos

Stay Cool R-37 Prices in the background
UniFiber R-7 Price in background

I still have to work out which name/type insulation is good for what in the roof space. Will get my engineer to explain to me and come back to you on it. There are other specific threads on Insulation on CHT

On another note I also looked at some Kitchens in Boonthavorn, on Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya and posted some photos and related costs under the heading, General - Kitchens back late 2012 on CHT

pipoz
Attachments
IMG_0779.jpg
UniFiber R-7 Pic 2
IMG_0780.jpg
UniFiber R-7 Pic 1
IMG_0776.jpg
Stay Cool R-37
pipoz

Postby vanda » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Is anyone able to show an example of what bluescope require when they fabricate your roof? From what I understand if you supply plans they can fabricate and install your roof as well as insulation? If someone could confirm this and show the plans you supplied that'd be great.
vanda

PreviousNext

Return to roofing