Roofing costs (frame/truss and tiles/steel)

methods, materials, sources & prices, construction for separate Topics on:
- steel truss
- tiles and coverings
- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Roofing costs (frame/truss and tiles/steel)

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:49 am

vanda wrote:Is anyone able to show an example of what bluescope require when they fabricate your roof? From what I understand if you supply plans they can fabricate and install your roof as well as insulation? If someone could confirm this and show the plans you supplied that'd be great.

The people who installed my Colorbond roof sent a rep out with samples and did all the measuring themselves.
Roger Ramjet

Postby vanda » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks RR. How long did it take them to fabricate and install once the rep came out?
vanda

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:51 pm

The rep came out and a week later the company was in touch with quotes. I even spoke with an English speaking rep over the phone and later a manager when some things were changed. They asked the builder when the steel trusses/beams for the roof would be complete and then gave us a date 7 days from there, just in case the welders screwed up. The whole roof arrived the day before, then the following day the installation crew arrived. They were finished within about 5 hours.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Makmak456 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:27 pm

My build story has the numbers, but without checking.....
Steel for frame was 47K THB.(includes primer, welding rod etc)
Steel sheeting was 46K THB.(including facia, soffit, nails, screws etc)
This was for aprox 80 M2, labor was part of that faze of construction, so
I don't have a exact cost for that part of the build.
Be sure to get at least 3 bids .....one shop was 67K for the roof steel frame. Another was 57 K, and what we paid 47K . The shop we bought from told us that the other quotes were "Falang price"
and I want the PU spray foam, but have not had a reply that company :(
Makmak456

Postby Kiwi65 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:54 pm

Look at this
http://www.homemart.co.th/cgi-bin/image ... 3080_5.pdf

recommended pricing for neustile from Homemart
Kiwi65

Postby Tanlic » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:44 am

pipoz wrote:Hi and there is also this latest one for the supply of soem CPAC roof tiles that I priced last week in Udon Thani

CPAC Monier PRESTIGE HORIZON & ZENITH range TB 34 per piece = 34 x 11 = TB 374 per m2 (supply only, delivered to site)

CPAC Monier CONTRAZZ & ZEASON range TB 19 per piece = 19 x 11 = TB 209 per m2 (supply only, delivered to site)

No installation or framing costs are ncluded in the above rates. I will get some roof framing costs for these tile types when I am back there next month

Only yesterday I was quoted 25 baht per piece for CPAC monier in zenith honey brown which as far as I can make out is in the prestige range.

That's a massive difference to what you have been quoted...........I must be missing something ??????????????????
Tanlic

Postby pipoz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Tanlic wrote:
pipoz wrote:Hi and there is also this latest one for the supply of soem CPAC roof tiles that I priced last week in Udon Thani

CPAC Monier PRESTIGE HORIZON & ZENITH range TB 34 per piece = 34 x 11 = TB 374 per m2 (supply only, delivered to site)
CPAC Monier CONTRAZZ & ZEASON range TB 19 per piece = 19 x 11 = TB 209 per m2 (supply only, delivered to site)
No installation or framing costs are ncluded in the above rates. I will get some roof framing costs for these tile types when I am back there next month

Only yesterday I was quoted 25 baht per piece for CPAC monier in zenith honey brown which as far as I can make out is in the prestige range.

That's a massive difference to what you have been quoted...........I must be missing something ??????????????????

OK grab it.

I just checked my old quotes as well and the one for Zenith and or Prestige was TB 32 per tile, some 15 months ago. The one I gave you at TB 34 was in a large Hardware Shop about 12 month ago and the most recent one I got on the Prestige tile from HOMEMART 6 months ago, was TB 32 per tile. So up my way TB 32-34 seems to be the range.

My quotes were for colours such as Pewter Grey and Metallic Blacks (not very common as the rep explained), but I ended up going with the CPAC Neustile Black Steel which had a 4-6 week order wait time, and cost TB 43 per tile

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Tanlic » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:41 pm

I went to Home Hub today to check there prices but it turns out they only have what they call cpac concrete tiles at 22 baht but the colours were very limited. I asked if they could order the ones I wanted but they said they couldn't. Then they showed me 4 x 2 steel painted blue at the end for 618 baht for 6 mts.

Then went back to the shop that quoted me 25 baht for prestige and asked for their price for 6mts of the same steel. Without hesitation the lady said it wasn't good enough for that type of tile and suggested a srongér one at 650 baht for 6m. Her price was about 580 baht for thr blue ended one.
when I was in yesterday I met the manager and it turns out he is an engineer of 20 years experience. He took my drawing; checked the columns, told me to go down 1.5m X 1.2 x 1.2, drew sketches for the rebar and designed the roof for me in less than an hour. I am meeting him tomorrow to get a quote for everything including fitting . Will post details tomorrow if all goes well. I hopefully will be placing an order theŕe and then
Tanlic

Postby Tanlic » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Double post
Tanlic

Postby Tanlic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Had a rush of blood to the head last night and decided it would be better to attach the back of my carport roof to the house roof.

Took my revised drawing back to the shop manager and he did the alterations and got down to pricing.

Cutting to the chase our house and garage area to be roofed is 210 sqm

We decided to use steel beams rather than time consuming concrete and steel.

The tile price for Cpac Monier Prestige in Honey Brown of 25baht per tile was confirmed.

Roof pitch 35 degrees with 4 gable ends

Total price includes Fitting Steel beams, Steel trusses, Tiles (3,100 pieces), Facia (2 in1), soffit (smart Board), Insulation and the 4 gables also finished with smart board

Area 210sqm Total Cost 285,000 baht = 1,357.15 per sqm
Tanlic

Postby Tanaka » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Tanlic, would you inform me what shop you dealt with? I would appreciate that as we are planning our build.
Tanaka

Postby Tanlic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:35 am

Name of the shop is Daycha and the managers name is khun Panya shop tel: 042 273007
Tanlic

Postby wonder6281 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Any chance you took some photos of the area to be done?

I want to extend my roof line to the boundary around the house and build a covered area over an existing patio and another over where that car and bikes park.

Total area is approx 100sqm.

Thank you.
wonder6281

Postby Tanlic » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:01 am

Hi sorry for the late reply the internet is pretty crap here and I am working from my girlfriends laptop.

The area I am covering is 205 sq mt and all up I reckon it will cost 1395 baht per sqm by the time i am finished including a reflective insulating material.

Got a bit of a shock when I saw the insulating material they sent me....I had ordered 4 rolls which was enough for the job but when I opened one it was glass wool with foil on 2 sides...size was only enough to cover 2.4sqm...A quick check on my bill and a calculation and it was going to cost another 143,000 Baht on top.

Being a mad Scot, assuming I had been conned I stormed into the shop guns blazing only to find they had sent the wrong insulation.....Red face again for me. :D

The manager talked me into some ridge tiling which cost 17,500 Baht which is not included in the above price...I am thinking of making the facia and soffit "L" shaped rather than following the pitch of the roof which will cost a bit more to do but I will wait until I see how far down the overhangs come down in comparison to the top of the windows before deciding.

Note these prices include an all steel roof I have no concrete beams

The roofer is coming today to spray the steel and will start installing tomorrow. He only has time to do the steel but as I am heading back to Bangkok it doesn't matter to me when he does the tiling as it is unlikely I will be back until around Songkran....Girlfriends father and his friend will be plastering and rendering while we are gone but everything else will have to wait until I have more time.

areas.jpg

areas.jpg
Attachments
roof.jpg
Tanlic

Postby Cheeryble » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi I have changed my ideas from a very nice more complicated roof to a simple roof kinda like this one.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I have two concerns.

One is that wind will drive rain under the top roof and it will enter where the roof joins the wall.
A small amount of water may also run down the lower edge of the top roof from it's top end.
In Thailand this seal is normally done with silicone gun or something like that. OK for a few years maybe.
I would like if possible a more "proper" seal.
Suggestions?

Second
The lower roof where it joins the wall.
The roof in the pic seems to have a flashing form but I don't see how it joins the wall.
My wall will be made of thermalite blocks so if necessary could have the flashing cut into it as with lead flashing back home.
Whatever.....any experience of good solutions?

ps: May as well add.
I'm considering making the main building first i.e. only with the top roof and high wall.
I was thinking of adding the next one later with a small lean to room under it if the place actually gets used as I hope. Would like a little time of using to decide if to do that or have a separate building for that room.
It occurs to me I may just stick the lower roof up anyway and if I wish i can build a room under it on a little strip foundation.
What price for a simple lower roof like that please?
It would be maximum 9.5m x 4m ground measurement including a metre overhang all round. Good quality 6mm coloured sheet roofing as in the picture but better brand. I guess it must include three support posts of concrete.about 2m or so high above ground. The roof wouldn't be heavy so modest foundation lump for the posts.

Thanks!
Cheeryble

Previous

Return to roofing