Roofing costs (frame/truss and tiles/steel)

methods, materials, sources & prices, construction for separate Topics on:
- steel truss
- tiles and coverings
- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Roofing costs (frame/truss and tiles/steel)

Postby wazza » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 am

I am doing some research prior to doing a new build in southern thailand.

I have seen roofing cost details posted around the web and am having trouble finding it again, so thought I would start a new topic and see if we could pool this information together.

I have talked with bluescope steel regarding using there zincalume frame with colorbond steel roof and this is what I have recieved, I am still awaiting details on glued insulation on the colorbond steel

Roof truss
Roof truss material = Sq.m. x 700 = 126,000 Baht (Include transportation)
Installation cost of Truss = Sq.m. x 200 = 36,000 Baht

Metal sheet, Colorbond
Roof colorbond material = Sq.m. x 500 = 90,000 Baht (Include transportation)
Installation cost of Metal Sheet = Sq.m. x 100 = 18,000 Baht

I have also copied in this post by pipoz and hope others would post any prices they have come across for different types of roofing and roof frames.

Re: metal roofing and reflective foil
by pipoz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Metal roofing (Lysaght and Stratco) and associated insulation systems, in the Australian outback for many years, vey successfully, (where tempratures are much higher than Thailand), and they work. Both Lysaght and Stratcohave good web page for anyone wishing to look

Recently I have been looking at the likely costs of a metal roofing system vs the more traditional concrete rood tile systems, for my house in Thailand, For what I have been able to work out.

The Total Cost per m2 for a Metal Frame and Metal Roof Sheet system, seems to be in the order of 500 - 600 Thai Baht Per M2

The Total Cost per m2 for a Metal Frame with Concrete Roof tile system seems to be in the order of
C Pac Monier Prestige: 1200 - 1300 Thai Baht Per M2, based on the sloping roof area.
Mahaphant Shingle Style: 850 - 950 Thai Baht Per M2, based on the sloping roof area
AYARA Cerafino Style: 1500 - 1600 Thai Baht Per M2, based on the sloping roof area

Has anyone else done any recent comparisons or analysis of what their roofing systems have cost them in TB per m2

Phil
pipoz

wazza

Re: Roofing costs (frame/truss and tiles/steel)

Postby wazza » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 am

Re: Neustile Roof Tiles
by pipoz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 am

Hi priced some roof tiles last week in Udon Thani

Pics 1, 2 & 3: CPAC Monier PRESTIGE HORIZON & ZENITH range TB 34 per piece = 34 x 11 = TB 374 per m2 (supply only, delivered to site)

Pics 4 & 5: CPAC Monier CONTRAZZ & ZEASON range TB 19 per piece = 19 x 11 = TB 209 per m2 (supply only, delivered to site)
ATTACHMENTS

pipoz

wazza

Postby wazza » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am

e: Neustile Roof Tiles
by jazzman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:09 pm

CPAC NEWSTILE™ quoted this week (Wednesday 7 November 2012) in Nam Pong, Khon Kaen province: ฿45.00 each including delivery. 11 pcs per m2.
Large independent builders' merchant.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

wazza

Postby pipoz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 am

Hi and there is also this latest one for the supply of soem CPAC roof tiles that I priced last week in Udon Thani

CPAC Monier PRESTIGE HORIZON & ZENITH range TB 34 per piece = 34 x 11 = TB 374 per m2 (supply only, delivered to site)

CPAC Monier CONTRAZZ & ZEASON range TB 19 per piece = 19 x 11 = TB 209 per m2 (supply only, delivered to site)

No installation or framing costs are ncluded in the above rates. I will get some roof framing costs for these tile types when I am back there next month
pipoz

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm

wazza wrote:I am doing some research prior to doing a new build in southern thailand.

Metal sheet, Colorbond
Roof colorbond material = Sq.m. x 500 = 90,000 Baht (Include transportation)

You need to specify the type of Colorbond as there are several different profiles, fixing systems bad thickness's

In the "sunshade" thred the colorbond we used was = Sq.m. x 300 if we had had their insulation it would have been 50 Bhat Sq.m.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby fredlk » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:35 pm

wazza wrote:Roof colorbond material = Sq.m. x 500 = 90,000 Baht (Include transportation)

90,000 Baht for 500 square metres of 'Colorbond' makes it 180 Baht per square metre. As I wrote elsewhere it must be a different Colorbond because mine was almost twice as expensive.
fredlk

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 pm

fredlk wrote:
wazza wrote:Roof colorbond material = Sq.m. x 500 = 90,000 Baht (Include transportation)

90,000 Baht for 500 square metres of 'Colorbond' makes it 180 Baht per square metre. As I wrote elsewhere it must be a different Colorbond because mine was almost twice as expensive.

You are spot on there Fred. At 180 Baht per square metre it isn't Colorbond. I was thinking he ment 500baht per square meter, which would make it much more expensive than mine but possibly a correct price.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby wazza » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:17 pm

You are correct sometime woodworker, I had removed the 180m from the equation and the colorbond was quoted at 500bt per square metre, this quote came from bluescope itself rather than a roof builder
wazza

Postby fredlk » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

fredlk

Postby pipoz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:20 pm

fredlk wrote:

When I looked at a metal roof frame and metal roof sheet system (can't remmeber the roof sheet profile), I came up with a cost of roughly between TB 500 - 600 per m2 (for the actual sloping roof area), for a typical house layout, for the all up Supply and Installation of the roof frame and roof cladding material. Maybe I was light on?
Last edited by pipoz on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:28 pm

wazza wrote:You are correct sometime woodworker, I had removed the 180m from the equation and the colorbond was quoted at 500bt per square metre, this quote came from bluescope itself rather than a roof builder

Wazza,

If I look at your post you have 700 + 200 = TB 900 for ther Supply and Installation of the Roof Framing and then you have another 500 + 100 = TB 600 for the supply and installation of the roof metal sheeting, which suggests to me, TB 900 + 600 = TB 1,500 for the supply and installation of the whole Metal Roofing System (frame & sheet) - with or without insulation?

Am I reading it correct, because if I am, it would seem to be to very expensive at TB 1,500 for a metal frame and metal sheet roof system, compared to that of a Monier CPAC Roof Tile system?

I can buy Monier CPAC tiles for between TB 209 (Zenith) per m2 and TB 374 (Pretige Horizon) per m2 (granted, just for the Tiles only)?
pipoz

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:43 am

wazza wrote:You are correct sometime woodworker, I had removed the 180m from the equation and the colorbond was quoted at 500bt per square metre, this quote came from bluescope itself rather than a roof builder

Which of the colorbond,"LYSAGHT KLIP-LOK®, LYSAGHT TRIMDEK®, LYSAGHT ULTIMA HI-RIB® profiles" did you select. Also which thickness? There are three.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:09 am

wazza There is on point on that quote, and just for your information, at 300Baht Sq.m. for labour you have a very expensive deal.

If you can be sure you will get a perfect install then it may be worth the extra.

I am lucky that I have a very reliable worker, who is mainly a welder, who would even at ฿500+ a day with a crew be able to put on the roof for less than a third of BlueScopeSteel's price.

One further point I was quoted ฿50 Sq.m. for insulation by BlueScopeSteel. As I remember it was the same price for any profile.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby wazza » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:54 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:

Which of the colorbond,"LYSAGHT KLIP-LOK®, LYSAGHT TRIMDEK®, LYSAGHT ULTIMA HI-RIB® profiles" did you select. Also which thickness? There are three.

I have only been contacting via bluescopes webpage and we had not discussed profile or or thickness or the clip method, I was more trying to get a feel for prices so I can compare with other roofing types.

Note, this is to be a beachfront build and I am concerned about rust and steel, so that is the reason for looking at zincalume trusses. The reasoning behind colourbond (with insulation) is that there are no horizontal joins so less places for storm driven rain to get into roof.

But I also want to compare prices against other materials as do not want to spend a fortune on what will be a holiday house. (my primary home being in Phuket)
wazza

Postby fredlk » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 am

wazza wrote:Note, this is to be a beachfront build and I am concerned about rust and steel, so that is the reason for looking at zincalume trusses. The reasoning behind colourbond (with insulation) is that there are no horizontal joins so less places for storm driven rain to get into roof.

Just so that you are aware, Clean COLORBOND® is guaranteed for 30 years with a few exceptions, one being that it be situated further than 5 kilometres from the sea.
fredlk

Next

Return to roofing