- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: SCC Stay Cool Rt 37 or Polynum Ultra

Postby Bangyai » Tue May 19, 2015 8:19 pm

^ Oh dear ....not so good.

Had rats in my kitchen ceiling back in Bangkok. No contest. Bangyai 6 ....Rats Allstars ...0

Still better not to have them than to have to do a hoedown with them.

Not too many rats here though. Plenty of field mice apparently. That's one thing I have noticed here....fewer vermin. Not too many cockroaches seen and thankfully few mosquitoes.

There are other insulation options including something the girl at Homepro wanted me to buy...all the way from Israel at a paltry 1200 a roll but when I told her to stick it where the sun don't shine she missed the subtlety of the English language and thought I was referring to the attic. She nodded enthusiastically and said I was correct.
Bangyai

Postby Bangyai » Tue May 19, 2015 8:23 pm

I meant to add that having checked it out on the web it is not recommended because it is often treated with fire retarding chemicals hazardous to health. Mind you....didn't hurt those rats though did it and I was not planning on eating any so how it is hazardous is unclear.
Bangyai

Postby Bangyai » Wed May 20, 2015 10:21 am

Found this company producing same insulation as Chang Stay Cool at a lot cheaper prices but they have no distributers and you have to order direct and pay for delivery.

http://3t-insulation.com/

http://3t-insulation.com/wp-content/upl ... /Clip1.jpg

However , their factory is in Bang Boa Tong and you can also go to the factory and collect yourself. As we used to live in that area and Ken just happens to be in Nonthaburi right now I hope to get him to call in there for us and collect 20 rolls of 2" insulation at 199 baht a roll. I have previously used the 2" stuff combined with packing boxes that the fridge , air con and other stuff came packed in and found it works as well as the 3" stuff. Anything at all is better than nothing and you can feel the difference just putting your hand on the ceiling.
Bangyai

Previous

Return to roofing