- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Roofing Prices and Kinds of Coverings

Postby motorhomes4sale » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:46 pm

[This thread has been renamed by the administrator for better exposure]

What is the price for the metal used in the roof construction ? 4" x 2" and 1" x 1"

Also what is the price for Synthetic roof sheeting ? I would use this for a house in my wifes village which will not be for resale, I understand a house with a Synthetic roof is not worth as much and might not be as easy to sell.
motorhomes4sale

Postby the limey » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:54 pm

reckon on about 600baht per sq met and you wont go far wrong, although as your useing the big roof sheets you want 3 inch c section steel....
the limey

Postby Attila » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:57 pm

the limey wrote:reckon on about 600baht per sq met and you wont go far wrong, although as your useing the big roof sheets you want 3 inch c section steel....

600 baht / squaremeter :?:

That would be nice! I got two offers for a ~ 240 squaremeter roof for 500000 and up (for cement tiles).

600 baht / squaremeter would be 144000 baht, where can I sign the order, please!

Or does that mean that a roof with costs of ~ 150000 baht gets sold for 500000 baht? That would be a nice margin, indeed :wink:
Attila

Postby the limey » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:07 pm

Attila.

I'm sure if you looked through the blog you will find many types of roofing, believe it or not these differ in costs, a bit like cars do, ie you don't get a porshe for ford money, roofing cost's from 600baht to 2,300baht per sq met depending on weight and size of the roofing panels.
the limey

Postby motorhomes4sale » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:01 am

I was under the impression from coolthaihouse.com -> info -> roofing
that Synthetic roof sheeting is cheaper than tiles, is 600 baht / sq metre for the sheet only or is that fitted ?

coolthaihouse.com -> info -> roofing: says tiles cost from 8.2 baht each which would work out less than 600 bahts / sq metre I think ( not too sure how mant tiles in a sq metre but I would guess at about 30 )
motorhomes4sale

Postby the limey » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:19 am

those are fitted prices, there are not any roof tiles I know of for 8 or 9 baht, the cheapest are the monier tiles at 12 baht each, these are extremely heavy and your roofing cost would be about 2,000 plus baht per sq met.
the limey

Postby motorhomes4sale » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:26 am

Hi Limey

I dont want any fitted prices, I am wanting to know prices of raw materials, my original question asked what is the price of Synthetic roof sheeting
motorhomes4sale

Postby the limey » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:37 am

Sorry motorhome I must have missed that, which brand of tiles? and which sizes would you like the prices of? any preferance in color?2 tone cost more.
the limey

Postby the limey » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:39 am

Also with the steel, which prices would you like? we really do need to know which thickness of steel you wish to use. But 1by1 starts from 120 to 200 baht per piece. Maybe you could get away with l shaped steel, thats cheaper.
the limey

Postby motorhomes4sale » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:18 am

Hi Limey

What is the price of 3" c section for carrying Synthetic roof sheeting and the larger 4" section probably 3mm thick, price per metre would help.
Also what is the price for Synthetic roof sheeting per metre, are there different prices for different colours ? I like blue.
Last edited by motorhomes4sale on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
motorhomes4sale

Postby the limey » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:28 am

3 inch c section abot 400baht per length, 4inch about 500baht, I think the thickest is 2.5mm but I could well be wrong.

Roofing tiles need the size to price, a 120 by 60 is about 60 baht as a normal cement tile, color is more expensive, they don't do these in two tone though.
the limey

Postby motorhomes4sale » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:44 am

[quote="the limey"]3 inch c section abot 400baht per length, 4inch about 500baht, I think the thickest is 2.5mm but I could well be wrong.

What length is a length :?: 3 metres, 4 metres 6 metres :?:

Also I dont know what size pieces / sheets the Synthetic roof sheeting is made in, maybe you can help :?: do they do some a metre wide and say 3 or 4 metres long :?: or is it just smaller sizes like the 120cm by 60cm
motorhomes4sale

Postby Attila » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:52 am

the limey wrote:Attila.

I'm sure if you looked through the blog you will find many types of roofing, believe it or not these differ in costs, a bit like cars do, ie you don't get a porshe for ford money, roofing cost's from 600baht to 2,300baht per sq met depending on weight and size of the roofing panels.

Well, I got my Porsche for Ford money, and that's what I would like to have with my roof too. (OK, it was a second hand Porsche, but as good as new :D )

Builder 1: "I don't do synthetic roofing. Garbage, I do not touch. With cement tiles your roof is 500000"

Builder 2: "What's wrong with synthetic roofing? We do it often, also for farangs. For your roof the price is between 500000 and 2 million, depending on what you want to put on it".

About the tiles, I do not need tons of weight on my roof, and the steel to carry it. A synthetic roof could do it, if I really see the cost advantage, like my roof for 200000 instead of 500000. Colorbond seems to be looking even better than synthetic roofing, so I'm open for that too.

Again, even for synthetic roofing:
Attila wrote:600 baht / squaremeter would be 144000 baht, where can I sign the order, please!

Well, i probably end up doing it myself, with some thai workers who know how to weld, and a nice architect looking at the house and explaining where to put the trusses and how many etc. (Meaning I stand there and try not to look stupid and the Thai workers work and I apply what I learned on Coolthaihouse to drop a not too wrong comment from time to time :wink: )

Limey, roof and steel together, but without labor, how much would that be ~ per square meter, for
- a roof with clay tiles?
- a roof with cement tiles (probably needing even more steel)?
- and then for synthetic roofing, (lightweight, needing not so much steel)?
Attila

Postby the limey » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:53 am

Roofing steel comes in 6 meter lengths, rebar for concrete reinforcing in 10 meter lengths, On cheaper roofs we use the 120 by 60 tiles, This gives us a spacing of about 80 cms for each steel beam, less welding and less steel, with monier tiles it's a 28cm spacing with a load of real big steel underneath it due to the weight.
the limey

Postby the limey » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:00 am

Attila, I havent seen many fords for 11 million baht here, but they have a few porshes at that price, bit out of my price range I might add :(

Ahhh,yes back to roofs, by cement tiles I assume you mean the ones that look like the old asbestos tiles, lightweight etc, 600baht per meter, by clay tiles I assume you mean like the monier range which are small and thick and very heavy, 2000 odd baht per sq met.

Even the aluminum roofing is 600baht per sq met, as for colorbond I have know idea as I have never used it and wouldn't take on that sort of job due to my lack of knowledge of it.

Limey, roof and steel together, but without labor, how much would that be ~ per square meter, for
- a roof with clay tiles?
- a roof with cement tiles (probably needing even more steel)?
- and then for synthetic roofing, (lightweight, needing not so much steel)?

sorry I have no idea of prices without labour.

But I hope you enjoy your second hand roof :)
the limey

Next

Return to roofing