- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Roofing cost enquiry

Postby guilt » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 am

@ geordie ...

Moved from Mortgage in Thailand...

Sorry for the late reply. Emergency back in her home. Due to the constant rain in season and the bad shape of the house. Water was leaking virtually everywhere! Rain was coming into the house wetting the floor and staining the false ceiling! :( .

Will continue this in the ROOFING COST ENQUIRY.... :wink:

So right now.... I have to repair the ground floor roof first before it collapses. 2nd floor roofing (presently just leaking here and there) So here's the solution.

(Only ground floor roof)
My wife have asks someone that was building a modern home nearby to drop by the house to advise about redoing the roof. Approx about 300 pieces of clay tiles. I know that now Thais use the latest that is blue aluminium roofings but that costs more and it may end up about 55,000 thai baht in total. So my wife chose the grey clay ones that costs 65 baht a piece. In the meantime, I saw the insulation STAY COOL (from the marvellous bros in the metal roofing and reflective foil thread) costs bout 350 baht a roll (total needed: 3 rolls I think). So maybe will ask my wife to purchase it from Homepro and insulate my father in law's room. So that in future can install a air con and relax in hot summers :P

Hope this works out as I planned. Great help from Geordie... Thank so so much for your advise and information. :D And a advance thanks to anyone that will contribute later. THANKS! :)
guilt

Postby geordie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Glad you found the advice useful i probably have more time than most as they build 8) i sit in the doldroms talking about it :(
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby guilt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:21 am

@ georgie...

:oops: the other shoe dropped... Well! With the condition of the home. Something is bound to come down. :lol:
guilt

Postby geordie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:51 pm

guilt any chance of posting a few pictures ??
we can then see what you are up against and to what extent the rebuilding/remodeling will have to go
For instance is it worth redoing the whole roof and extending it out for an extension to the property and having decided the roof needs replaced could it be done reusing some of the material on it already
Do you have issues with flooding downstairs or is it dry other than the roof ? or is there a scenario that could leave you with a future flooding problem
You can see this on my build 165 mtrs and a dead roofer ? the mother in law relied on a drainage ditch to drain the property the goverment replaced the dich with a pipe higher than before and the result was 15-18 " of water
through the house
Instead of building a dam of some sort ! most of the water was surface from the road it was allowed to flood the house regularly and then when the rain stopped she would have to wait two or three days for one of the sons to bring a pump from the farm
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Previous

Return to roofing