- tiles and coverings
- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: CEILING: complete materials and prices 10 March 2009

Postby thaifly » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:06 pm

tung wrote:Can someone explain to me what is required to hang the plasterboard ceiling on a two storey house.

its a gidday to tung..its the thai fly from mae rim...no response to your post..now my little PETAL...sabai...sabai....the thai fly suggests to engage a shitrock contractor..with out going into the techincal side of things...enough has been posted on the board ..pics..and prices included..to answer your enquiry..when are you going to throw the dice.....its a CASEY STONNER GIDDAY TO ALL ...ITS THE THAI FLY FROM MAE RIM
thaifly

Postby marcas » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Anybody got an up to date price on ceiling materials?
I've seen boards at 146 baht and green ones or foil backed at 216. but its the hangers and grid sections I want to know about please.
marcas

Postby pipoz » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:31 pm

marcas wrote:Anybody got an up to date price on ceiling materials?
I've seen boards at 146 baht and green ones or foil backed at 216. but its the hangers and grid sections I want to know about please.

Have a look at Page 16 of my Build - "Udon Thani Happy House" and their is a breakdown of my Ceiling Material Costs, which I bought in December 2014.

The cost for my Materials was around TB 32,000, which worked out to around TB 264 per m2 (excludes the labour)

Labour: From discussions with one guy, the initial indications are the "Labour Only", to install the PB Ceilings completed with flushing/finishing/sanding and cut outs for some 35 No. recessed light fittings, will be around TB 130 per m2. All room ceilings include a 500mm wide perimeter border/pelmet area and a 250mm step up to the center ceiling area, so they are not just flat, hence the lengths of 70mm C Channel Framing.

This meant my Total Rate to Supply and Install the Internal Ceiling = TB 264 (Mat) + TB 130 (Lab) = TB 394 per m2 (excluding painting)

pipoz
pipoz

Postby marcas » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Thanks,

I'm sorry I keep popping in here and then disappear for a while. I'm don't want to be confused by other peoples thoughts just now as I'm good at doing that to myself.

The ceilings are up now, just the coving to go round, which I've not bought yet. They are just flat, nothing fancy. 33 boards and 10 green ones for bathroom and outside patio. 124m2, so 122 baht per m2 so far. Labour is fixed for the build.

When its finished I'll put something on here to read for anybody who might be interested.
marcas

Previous

Return to roofing