Hello from Sakon Nakhon

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello from Sakon Nakhon

Postby Rudeboy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi Folks,

Thought i'd better introduce myself before I go plastering the forum with questions!

I'm Rudi, been living in Thailand on and off for the last 10 years, moving here permanently around 5 years ago, originally from Sunny Scotland but now live in the sleepy hamlet that is Sakon Nakhon with wife, 2 kids, 3 dogs a rabbit and 2 hamsters and of course the inevitable MIL :lol:

After living in rented accommodation for a good few years we bought our first house, one of the already built gated community type affairs on the outskirts of Sakon Nakhon city, had planned to build on a plot of land we had in the village next to MIL's house but situations required us to find a more permanent solution quickly (wife pregnant and due to drop any minute and landlord decided to sell our rented house from under us without any notice), anyway been in that house for a few years now and all is well so this is not my reason for joining the forum,

Fast forward a few years to about a year ago, we were gifted some land from the MIL out in the sticks of Sakon about 3 rai with the option to buy approx another 2 rai which is in process just now, the land is approx 5km away from all local amenities, and approx 30km from Sakon Nakon city, no power, no water etc etc and had previously only been used for paddy fields so this got me thinking, I'm a keen ATV'er and spend a lot of time in the local hills and surrounding area on my ATV so this plot of land would be a perfect area to make a sort of Base Camp if you like,

So that was it, a plan (or sort of plan) was put in motion and the project has kicked off, I'll start my own building thread which will go more into my plans for the project and the progress made so far but for now here's a photo to give you an idea of whats going on and how it sits at the moment.

25673472_1736200943112107_1572995353_o.jpg
Project so Far

Offroad Toys.jpg
Offroad Toys

Thanks for reading and look forward to picking your brains in the very near future

Rudi
Rudeboy

Re: Hello from Sakon Nakhon

Postby jazzman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:08 am

Hi. Welcome on bord. Best wishes for 2018 :D
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Return to Introduce Yourself