Heya, from Roi Et

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Heya, from Roi Et

Postby Capp » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Hey folks,

I just moved to Roi Et with my lady, planning to build a place on a patch of family land over the next few years.

What we are hoping to do seems a little out of the ordinary, but from what I see, most of the ordinary would drive me nuts to live in. It seems probably best to put details in another thread, but the basic idea is a high sala/pavilion type roof over a small ~100sqm interlocking brick house and shaded outdoor living space. Hoping for lots of natural airflow and to keep the sunlight off the walls nearly completely.

This forum seems to be a great resource so far, I am looking forward to some learning. Thanks in advance!
Capp

Re: Heya, from Roi Et

Postby Aguda » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Capp, you will find this place a goldmine of information for your upcoming build. There are many folks here that have
vast experience and excellent ideas on building here in Thailand. Spend a lot of time reading the posts and develop your plan. I look forward
to reading about your build.
Aguda

Postby roy.sokolowski » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:00 am

We are building a similar design in Buriram, the living space will be about 120 sqm (3 bedrooms two baths) with a large open lanai (no poles in the middle) of over 100 sqm. Carport along one side. Using Colorbond (thick) white color with good quality radiant barrier insulation attached to the underside. We already have the roof on the workspace/shed area and it is excellent at keeping the heat out.
roy.sokolowski

Postby pipoz » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Capp wrote:Hey folks,

I just moved to Roi Et with my lady, planning to build a place on a patch of family land over the next few years.

What we are hoping to do seems a little out of the ordinary, but from what I see, most of the ordinary would drive me nuts to live in. It seems probably best to put details in another thread, but the basic idea is a high sala/pavilion type roof over a small ~100sqm interlocking brick house and shaded outdoor living space. Hoping for lots of natural airflow and to keep the sunlight off the walls nearly completely.

This forum seems to be a great resource so far, I am looking forward to some learning. Thanks in advance!

This Concept or something similar, might interest you (pinched it off the CPAC Roof Tile Catalog). Might be my next extension to the House, but I don't have the sea view. :lol:

pipoz (Build: Udon Thani Happy House)
Attachments
Sala Structure - Roof Concept.jpg
Sala Structure - Roof Concept
pipoz

Postby fubaro » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:47 pm

hey saw this post, could someone rec me a good builder for a simple house in Lahan sai?
fubaro

Return to Introduce Yourself