Greetings

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Greetings

Postby Mai Mii » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:41 am

Good Morning forum members.

1st, a couple of confessions, it is time for me to fess up. Although I only joined this morning, I have been lurking in the background for about a year. 2nd, as a self confessed numbskull when it comes to DIY / construction, this forum has been has been an amazing find for me. I kid you not when I say that my skillset consists of changing a lightbulb and wiring a plug.

To that end, although far too many to list. I would like to extend my thanks to those that operate the site, also those with the skills and knowledge to pass on the benefit of their wisdom. Without which, I would never have taken the path that I will now be taking over the course of the next 2 years.

So who am I and why I am in Thailand ?

A Brit who has spent most of his adult life outside the UK. I came to the conclusion many years ago, that wherever I spent my later years, it would not be in the UK. Having been around most of the world, Thailand ticked most of my boxes. I came to Thailand on a semi-permanent basis about 7 years ago, although I kept disappearing as a pesky thing called work seemed to be always getting in the way :D :D

I 1st met my wife to be about 6 years ago. A further 2 years later we got together. For the last 3 years we have been living in a rented property. Although neither of us had a real desire to change our current lifestyle, a chance remark may just have changed everything.

What was that chance remark ? You will have to wait until I start in My Building Story.

Chok Dee
Mai Mii

Re: Greetings

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:04 am

Mai Mii wrote:I 1st met my wife to be about 6 years ago. A further 2 years later we got together. For the last 3 years we have been living in a rented property. Although neither of us had a real desire to change our current lifestyle, a chance remark may just have changed everything.

What was that chance remark ? You will have to wait until I start in My Building Story.

Hello Mai Mai and welcome to the forum. If you wish to change your current lifestyle without all the heartaches and hassles... rent a house with a large parking space and buy an S Type Jaguar. :lol:
You're already half way there you can change a light bulb and wire a plug, that means in Thailand you are a qualified electrician... perhaps even with a Master's Degree. :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby Mai Mii » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:21 am

[/quote]
Hello Mai Mai and welcome to the forum. If you wish to change your current lifestyle without all the heartaches and hassles... rent a house with a large parking space and buy an S Type Jaguar. :lol:
You're already half way there you can change a light bulb and wire a plug, that means in Thailand you are a qualified electrician... perhaps even with a Master's Degree. :D[/quote]

Hello Roger,

Thank you for the welcome.

The house that I currently rent is fine in all aspects, it even has a large covered carport. No Jag came with the house, but I was not too upset by this as I am not a fan of Jags. Inadvertently, it was the landlady that sparked of this chain of events when she offered to sell me the house when I went on my annual visit to pay the rent.
Mai Mii

Postby pipoz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Welcome Mai Mii

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Mai Mii » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 pm

pipoz wrote:Welcome Mai Mii

pipoz

Thank you.
Mai Mii