A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Postby Davidxxx » Fri May 22, 2015 12:37 pm

I am David from England. I am building a house for my gf in her village near Krasang. Currently we have a design but her family all have different views on the layout. The good day to start is 27th May so not much time to sort it out.
Davidxxx

Re: New member

Postby Roger Ramjet » Fri May 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Davidxxx wrote:Currently we have a design but her family all have different views on the layout.

Who's going to live there.....you and your gf I take it... so who cares what the family think. Do not get embroiled in a cat fight with the "family" dictating what they want. To stop the rot now get the gf to tell them all that you took the design to (name any dead high ranking monk) and he said they must stay as they are.
Davidxxx wrote:The good day to start is 27th May so not much time to sort it out.

Go and see any monk in any temple and tell that monk you want the date changed to (name the date you want to start) and hold out a 1,000 baht note. The date will be changed straight away. While you're feeding that monk, tell him you want the design you want stamped and blessed by him and have him sign the design plan you have. That will stop any in laws in their tracks.
Do not go down the dreaded path you have chosen to tread, you will get no respect and they'll start robbing you blind the minute your back's turned.
Who's building the bloody house, you or them? Tell them with a smile to bugger off.
You're going to have problems....big ones. You have to be smart about this.
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Fri May 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Yup, think RR covered that well.

Welcome aboard David.

A good saying here is “If you have the money you have the power” give that one up at your peril.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby iammike » Fri May 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi David and welcome.

Good luck in your efforts, I'm also near Krasang (the one between Buriram and Surin) around 20km from the City and just finishing our build of a one story house on 1 Rai+ .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please do excuse any spelling mistakes.
iammike

Postby Davidxxx » Wed May 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Some of the comments on the design from the family were good although they were very late in the day. I redrew the design and the architect (also in the gfs extended family) did a good job to modify the working drawings quickly. The footing design with a concrete pipe vertical in the ground and the concrete post on top is new to me but the architect detailed it fine with reinforcing bar. So the first post went in today, blessed by the family monk.
It is in Krasang between Buriram and Surin so any local examples of housing would be good to see.
The next issue will be roofing tiles - CPAC Monier and Diamond seem to be used locally, advice on a good source at a good price appreciated.
Davidxxx

Postby iammike » Wed May 27, 2015 5:06 pm

I have very good experiences with RuangsangThai in Buriram , and they are a good source for Diamond roof tiles and other stuff like A grade steel and are usually a lot cheaper then the other stores around town. They will also deliver it for free.

Contact Mr Bob he is the general manager

ruangsangthai@gmail.com

Ps: Just a Happy customer
PsPs: Please compare prices before you buy stuff locally especially with the stores in Krasang as they can be very pricey.

If you need more phone numbers for example Concrete Blocks, Sand, Gravel etc etc just Pm me as I don't think I can put phone numbers on here.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please do excuse any spelling mistakes.
iammike

Return to Introduce Yourself