Hello everybody.

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello everybody.

Postby dendijk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:27 pm

My name is dendijk and i was trying to find some information on Thaivisa which i read frequently but do not post on to much.
I am normally more of a reader then a writer.

At this point we(wife, son and myself) find ourselves in the middle of a renovation nightmare for a home, bought in september 2014 on jomtien beach.
After 5 months in the build and no clear view on a deadline i was starting to find more and more issues on the work done by the main and his thai subcontractor.

Apparently the contractor did not appreciate my vision on it and decided to leave the site as is with our 2 million baht deposit.

A friendly member on Thaivisa pointed me out to the existence of coolthaihouse.

As we are going through the home and the work done so far we are finding many things which we did not expect and don't look like reasonable quality/priced work.

I hope you don't mind me asking some questions in the next couple of days to get the views of other.

Thanks!
dendijk

Re: Hello everybody.

Postby Roger Ramjet » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:04 pm

dendijk wrote:My name is dendijk and i was trying to find some information

Ask away, but don't be suprised if everyone is shocked you put down 2 million Baht deposit. It doesn't work that way here.
Roger Ramjet

Postby pipoz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:16 pm

dendijk wrote:My name is dendijk and i was trying to find some information on Thaivisa which i read frequently but do not post on to much.

At this point we(wife, son and myself) find ourselves in the middle of a renovation nightmare for a home, bought in september 2014 on jomtien beach.
After 5 months in the build and no clear view on a deadline i was starting to find more and more issues on the work done by the main and his thai subcontractor.

Apparently the contractor did not appreciate my vision on it and decided to leave the site as is with our 2 million baht deposit.

As we are going through the home and the work done so far we are finding many things which we did not expect and don't look like reasonable quality/priced work.

I hope you don't mind me asking some questions in the next couple of days to get the views of other.

Thanks!

Agree with Roger, was it TB 2.0 Million Deposit for the Renovation Work or TB 2.0 Mill Deposit to buy the Appartment

pipoz
pipoz

Postby dendijk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:15 pm

It was 2 million paid over 5 months hoping the process would speed up and honestly we were just being plain stupid.
Classic case of trusting someone who apparently did not deserve that.

This is what the house looks like after 5 months in the build.
Attachments
IMG_6636.JPG
dendijk

Postby dendijk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:24 pm

pipoz wrote:
dendijk wrote:My name is dendijk and i was trying to find some information on Thaivisa which i read frequently but do not post on to much.

Thanks!

Agree with Roger, was it TB 2.0 Million Deposit for the Renovation Work or TB 2.0 Mill Deposit to buy the Appartment

pipoz

I think the total would have eventually come to 4 million baht if we wouldn't have pulled the handbrake. Just for the renovation of the home.
dendijk

Postby Shastadad » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:03 am

Welcome to Coolthaihouse and as the person who recommended CTH to you I am sure that here you will find excellent advice from non judgemental members who collectively have years of experience building in Thailand

Good luck and I hope that we are able to assist you in getting through your nightmare

I can confidently say that we have seen it all and there is no such thing as a stupid question ( an occasional stupid answer, but that is the price for free advice :D )
Shastadad

Postby dendijk » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:11 am

Shastadad wrote:Welcome to Coolthaihouse and as the person who recommended CTH to you I am sure that here you will find excellent advice from non judgemental members who collectively have years of experience building in Thailand

Good luck and I hope that we are able to assist you in getting through your nightmare

I can confidently say that we have seen it all and there is no such thing as a stupid question ( an occasional stupid answer, but that is the price for free advice :D )

Goodmorning and thank you!

Yes, it is definitely turning into an expensive nightmare.
dendijk

Return to Introduce Yourself