Longtime lurker joining

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Longtime lurker joining

Postby pdinbkk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:07 am

Hi fellow Coolthaihousers,

Spent the last 23 years in Thailand, always lived in Condos in BKK that I've owned, but the time has come for a little project -- renovating a 10 year old house in a Mooban in Hua Hin, to retire in. Have for many years admired the level of sharing, practical advice and war stories on this site, so finally joining. Having read so much I'm approaching this with a level of fear and excitement. No practical experience whatsoever in building, reasonable Thai speaking skills (little reading -- very slowly) and just over the half-century in age. Let the fun begin!

pdinbkk
pdinbkk

Re: Longtime lurker joining

Postby fredlk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 am

pdinbkk wrote:Spent the last 23 years in Thailand, always lived in Condos in BKK that I've owned, but the time has come for a little project -- renovating a 10 year old house in a Mooban in Hua Hin, to retire in. Have for many years admired the level of sharing, practical advice and war stories on this site, so finally joining. Having read so much I'm approaching this with a level of fear and excitement. No practical experience whatsoever in building, reasonable Thai speaking skills (little reading -- very slowly)

Hello and welcome. I'm envious of your being able to read Thai. I am (and was) too lazy to learn. What have you been doing here work-wise for the past 23 years?
fredlk

Re: Longtime lurker joining

Postby pdinbkk » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:14 pm

fredlk wrote:
pdinbkk wrote:Spent the last 23 years in Thailand, always lived in Condos in BKK that I've owned, but the time has come for a little project -- renovating a 10 year old house in a Mooban in Hua Hin, to retire in. Have for many years admired the level of sharing, practical advice and war stories on this site, so finally joining. Having read so much I'm approaching this with a level of fear and excitement. No practical experience whatsoever in building, reasonable Thai speaking skills (little reading -- very slowly)

Hello and welcome. I'm envious of your being able to read Thai. I am (and was) too lazy to learn. What have you been doing here work-wise for the past 23 years?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in the software industry - all of the time with 3 large international software companies, as a developer and regional manager.
pdinbkk

Return to Introduce Yourself