Hi

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hi

Postby iammike » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:07 pm

New Member here.

Name is Mike and I am not a newbie to Thailand but a newbie in Building a House.

We just bought (actually the transfer will be done in around 2-3 weeks) a 4.5 Rai plot in the Buriram Province.

Will first be clearing it and starting with landfill, but because there is already a great part that doesn't need landfill we will be building a small house (which later will serve as guesthouse) so I will have lots of questions.

Thanks
iammike

Re: Hi

Postby MGV12 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:09 pm

iammike wrote:New Member here.

Name is Mike and I am not a newbie to Thailand but a newbie in Building a House.

We just bought (actually the transfer will be done in around 2-3 weeks) a 4.5 Rai plot in the Buriram Province.

Will first be clearing it and starting with landfill, but because there is already a great part that doesn't need landfill we will be building a small house (which later will serve as guesthouse) so I will have lots of questions.

Thanks

Hello Mike ... welcome to the home of lots of questions.

Not a newbie here so how long and where/why?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby pipoz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:46 pm

iammike wrote:New Member here.

Thanks

Hi Mike and welcome

For your information the gang currently building part of my house at Udon Thani are from somewhere in Buriram

pipoz
pipoz

Postby iammike » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi Guyz,

thanks for the welcome.

Living in Thailand permanently for over 6-7 years already.

Most of the time here I have been living in Sin City (Pattaya) (but I am also no stranger to Rural Living) and because we are getting fed up here with all the traffic etc etc, we finally decided to leave the hustle and bustle and settle upcountry, so that's why the move.

I will have lots of questions over for example the following subjects as I will be doing the "homework" and I want to come prepared (but I have read already a lot here before I came a member :lol: )

- Building a 700m+ Wall
- Laying piping all over the land for landscaping (flowers and trees (nothing commercial) and having enough pressure.
- Getting enough electricity to our land ? Will a 15/45 meter be enough for us ?
- Cleaning / Maintaining a Well
etc etc etc

We will be using as builders the extended family of the missus (but I hope that will work out, but I'm confident it will :wink:
iammike

Return to Introduce Yourself