New Member Introduction.

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

New Member Introduction.

Postby Morang » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:11 am

Hi my name is Gary (age 58). I have been living in Perth West Australia for 34 years with my Thai wife Add (age 55). We have recently decided that it’s time to look at moving back to Thailand and build a retirement home and live out the later years. But first there are things that need to be done. Reading the posts on the Coolthaihouse site has been an excellent start a lot of good advice and tips from people that are living the life. We have decided that Keng Khoi, Saraburi is where we will build. We know the area well and have good family in the area. We will be heading up there in December to start the ball rolling find a good block of land in the town. We are looking at around 2 to 3 years to roll up the retirement plan and move in. I will be looking to you guys for advice from your knowledge and experience all the way.
Cheers Gary & Add
Morang

Re: New Member Introduction.

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:01 am

Welcome "Youngster" You have plenty of time it seems to peruse all the successful builds and avoid some of the mistakes along the way. It's a learning process for sure and best taken slowly if possible . That's not to say you have to take it as slow as I have, but that was because I had limited time over there each year and there is no way one should build while absent as you would gather from the forum . :roll: :roll:
Mike Judd

Postby pipoz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:54 am

Morang wrote:Hi my name is Gary (age 58). I have been living in Perth West Australia for 34 years with my Thai wife Add (age 55). We have recently decided that it’s time to look at moving back to Thailand and build a retirement home and live out the later years. But first there are things that need to be done. Reading the posts on the Coolthaihouse site has been an excellent start a lot of good advice and tips from people that are living the life. We have decided that Keng Khoi, Saraburi is where we will build. We know the area well and have good family in the area. We will be heading up there in December to start the ball rolling find a good block of land in the town. We are looking at around 2 to 3 years to roll up the retirement plan and move in. I will be looking to you guys for advice from your knowledge and experience all the way.
Cheers Gary & Add

Welcome and 58 means you are one of the elite 1956 club.

58 years old is a good time to think about starting your retirement.

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Ians » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:54 pm

Welcome Gary
Before jumping in and exiting Aus. on a permanent basis (or even part time basis) at 58 years of age - do a thorough research on pension entitlements if you want / need OAP - if self sufficient by other means - no problems.
OAP it is quite involved if you leave the country and you could easily cause yourself a few problems when you hit 65 -- as I did but luck was on my side and it sorted itself out
Ians

Return to Introduce Yourself