Hello fellow CTH members!

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello fellow CTH members!

Postby Shavercamp » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:16 am

Hello, I'm steve (USA) and my wife (Thai) and I are planning to build her mother a house in nong khai next year. We have differing views on exactly what the house will be like - she thinks a castle and I think a tent. We will likely wind up somewhere in the the middle (or hopefully closer to the tent!). Anyway, I have been lurking in the background reading posts for over a year but since we are now looking at purchasing land I thought I should out myself. Nice site - very helpful information and quite a few dedicated contributors. Love the build stories. Hoping our build story will be a sucessful one. If so, we are thinking of building a house for ourselves. Once again we have slightly differing thoughts - wife thinks it should be in nong khai on the same plot of land as mom, but I'm thinking more like hua hin! Regards, Steve
Shavercamp

Re: Hello fellow CTH members!

Postby Ians » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:41 am

Welcome, lots of luck sorting out the differences :lol:
Ians

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:49 am

Welcome. You could always compromise and tell your wife she can pick out the tiles and house colours. :D
Roger Ramjet

Postby Ians » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:56 am

No way, that's really looking for trouble unless you're happy with ugly gaudy tiles with purple and bright green house paint.
Ians

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:Welcome. You could always compromise and tell your wife she can pick out the tiles and house colours. :D

NO NO NO not the house colours or for Shavercamp colors. :mrgreen:

Welcome!
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby pipoz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi and welcome aboard

If you are looking for a range of Thai house designs, try this a book. I bought in Thailand for only TB 300 and it has some 120 No House Designs in it (by the Home Collection Group) many in the two and three bedroom range, that might suit

I posted a few examples under my build, 'Udon Thani Happy House", but there are many more

pipoz
Attachments
Thai House Designs.jpg
Thai House Designs
pipoz

Postby Shavercamp » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:30 am

Having seen many of the colors and tiles picked out by the wives and girlfriends I suspect my sanity may be better off going with a larger house even if my pocketbook isn't!! :lol: I have read piPoz udon build(since it is in my region) many times. Lots of good ideas! Haven't seen the book before but will definitely look it up. Had looked at all the free thai house drawings but found the ideas on this site better. Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Look forward to entertaining you with my build - hopefully it won't be a comedy :D
Shavercamp

Postby Shastadad » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Or a tragedy :D
Shastadad

Postby Shavercamp » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:29 pm

:D
Shavercamp

Return to Introduce Yourself