A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL


Postby harry9660 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi all,
My name is Harry and I currently live in the UK.
I have been married to my Thai wife for 6 years and want to move to Thailand when I retire in a year or so.
I want to get a house built in Prachuap Kirikhan near my wife’s family.
I have had a friend in the UK design the house and draw up the plans but need an architect in Thailand to convert the plans to Thai, carry out the structural calculations and sign off the plans so they can be submitted to the local building control.

I want to build the house to a specification used in the UK, with double skinned walls and insulation to prevent solar energy penetrating into the house through the walls. However the Thai architect I contacted in Bangkok was not familiar with this concept and would not agree to it.
So I am looking for some assistance in this project and would appreciate any help.
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Introduction

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Welcome to CTH.

I think you will find building a house it Thailand using UK specifications will be a daunting task indeed. As you have already found with a Thai architect, builders here will not be able to do a build to UK specs in my opinion.

Think reading some of the build stories will show you this. Possibly going to ACC double blocks with an air gap would work. Would suggest you have a visit to city hall in Prachuap Kirikhan and possibly have their plan checkers redo your drawings.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
User avatar
Posts: 2951
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Return to Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest