Introduction

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Introduction

Postby squeakycat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi all. My name's Alan and I'm looking to build a steel framed house in the south of Thailand.

Why steel frame? I've seen so many new houses being thrown together recently, rooms that are out be a few inches etc. Also, the rebar in the concrete posts doesn't seem to be very good quality and less damage from termites.
squeakycat

Re: Introduction

Postby fredlk » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:25 pm

squeakycat wrote:I'm looking to build a steel framed house

We've seen a few people arrive, say that's their plan, but up until now I can't recall ever having seen a steel framed house being built. I look forward to following your build.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 pm

squeakycat wrote:Hi all. My name's Alan and I'm looking to build a steel framed house in the south of Thailand.

Why steel frame? I've seen so many new houses being thrown together recently, rooms that are out be a few inches etc. Also, the rebar in the concrete posts doesn't seem to be very good quality and less damage from termites.

Welcome Alan ... details as soon as possible please.

"a few inches" ... sounds like a fellow Brit.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby zebrafilm » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Welcome Alan and good to see someone else with the 'steel' ideas.We are also in the design phase but would be nice to know what direction you will go.

Bastiaan

More here: http://house.zebrahosting.nl
zebrafilm

Postby andymac » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:31 am

Alan - welcome on board, I look forward to see how this progresses. I'm also keen to explore the options of using steel in my house, I'm still in the planning stages and not pulled together all the costs, which will most likely be the deciding factor.

Bastiaan - thanks for the link, you've pulled together some great design examples, very much within my comfort zone.
I'm also in the Chiang Mai area, so again looking forward to see how this progresses.

Cheers
Andy
andymac

Return to Introduce Yourself