Introductions - building in Roi-et

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Introductions - building in Roi-et

Postby Anot » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Arnold, or as the Thai say, Anot (with emphasis on the second syllable). I currently live in the Netherlands with my wife Noi from Roi-et. (If someone wants to engage in Dutch, please use the private message system so we can keep this forum in English).

I discovered this forum when I started to look for information about building in Thailand. My wife owns a nice piece of land and we intend to build a small house on it. We took a lot of inspiration from user stories on this forum, with a special mention of Sezze's project.

I have made a Sketchup model based on a free government plan, but we modified it to our liking. I will soon start a topic in the 'Your Building Story' forum with some pictures.

I have a lot more to learn and many choices to make, but am confident we can pull it off and I am enjoying it a lot... (so far :twisted: )
Anot

Re: Introductions - building in Roi-et

Postby MGV12 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Anot wrote:Hi everyone,

My name is Arnold, or as the Thai say, Anot (with emphasis on the second syllable). I currently live in the Netherlands with my wife Noi from Roi-et. (If someone wants to engage in Dutch, please use the private message system so we can keep this forum in English).

I discovered this forum when I started to look for information about building in Thailand. My wife owns a nice piece of land and we intend to build a small house on it. We took a lot of inspiration from user stories on this forum, with a special mention of Sezze's project.

I have made a Sketchup model based on a free government plan, but we modified it to our liking. I will soon start a topic in the 'Your Building Story' forum with some pictures.

I have a lot more to learn and many choices to make, but am confident we can pull it off and I am enjoying it a lot... (so far :twisted: )

Welcome to the forum Arnold; 'he with the power of an eagle'

Everyone on this forum when they look to start their build would probably agree with your comment "I have a lot more to learn and many choices to make, but am confident we can pull it off and I am enjoying it a lot" ... when you actually start to build you might have the opportunity to reconsider the last part ... but if you are able to keep a sense of humour maybe not.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby vanda » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Hey Arnold, welcome to the forums mate. I am from Australia but also have a place in Roi-et and intend to start building later this year. Where in Roi-et are you? My family on my father's side are from the Netherlands but sadly I can't speak Dutch. Best of luck with your build and if I can be of assistance in any way feel free to ask.
vanda

Postby schuimpge » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:45 pm

And another Dutch. Dozer...it's time to make Dutch the language of trade on the site...lol..you can't ignore the majority...
Welkom Arnold...look forward to see more on your build...
schuimpge

Postby Anot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:05 am

Thanks for the welcome. :)

The actual village we're buidling in is Dong Daeng in the Chaturaphak Phiman district. It's about a 30 minutes drive to the Roi-Et city. I have no experience in building houses. However, as a computer programmer I do have experience in building software. I'm sure there are many parallels as ICT projects also tend to cope with overshot budgets and disappointing end results. :twisted:
Anot

Postby vanda » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 am

We're in Changhan district, the northern side of Roi Et right by the river that divides Roi Et and Kalasin.
vanda

Postby Anot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Nice to know someone in the region, might come in handy to share information about where to buy materials etc. I suppose Roi Et has most everything we need with HomePro, Thai Watsadu, Global and others.
Anot

Return to Introduce Yourself