hello to all new old boy here building in petchaburi

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

hello to all new old boy here building in petchaburi

Postby larrywawfelix » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:44 pm

hello all am obviously new to site, we (thai wife, 4 year old child, and myself uk) are in the process of building a bungalow(ish) property in petchaburi after purchasing 1 3/4 rye of land.
we have sort of designed the house bit by bit as ideas have evolved and driven our (very good) builder potty lol we have quite limited budget but have managed to construct a 1 bedroom bungalow with lounge, kitchen, bathroom, an area for hot tub in the conservatory, and now an additional self contained studio type apartment for friends or staff.
i am a semi retired heating/plumbing/ solar / electrical engineer and am installing all sorts of gadgets to go wrong......
we will eventually be building a swimming pool when funds allow. (wife says if i keep on messing the builder about i will end up under said swimming pool)

at this moment i am giving him hard time with regard to uk wiring regulations, and thai "wet string for earth" :mrgreen:, my 2 way switching conversion circuits and the circuit i gave him a circuit to ensure that all interconnected windows/doors control aircon units had his electrician banging his head on wall :lol:

i have an automatic generator starter / switchover unit together with a generator which i will install myself when we next go over there in july (we will be there from july till september) we wanted to take our faithful car but after checking their import duties i think we will give it a miss lol.

i will keep watching the forum to see if i can pick up some tips, and am also available if anyone needs any help or info re electrics,heating,plumbing,pumps etc.

thats it for now regards to all
larrywawfelix

Re: hello to all new old boy here building in petchaburi

Postby MGV12 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Another Essex boy huh ... welcome.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby larrywawfelix » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 am

basildoon essex lol thanks foe the welcome. i have uploaded a few pics of our project, dont know if i have done it right as im not particularly pc literate. (i can build em no problem but dont ask me to press the buttons that make it work lol)

this project has grown from our "hotel bill saver 5x4 mtr chickenshed" to a 16 x 11 mtr one and a half floor bungalowish building with hopefully all mod conns inside but quite a basic look outside.
we have got a very good builder who is quite reasonable and very obliging at modifying things after iv altered the plans even to the point of moving walls 300 mmm ...

its going to be a breadboard for my experimenting with solar hot water/electric and water recycling projects over the next few years (unless i upset the builder and end up under the proposed swimming pool lol
so far it will have underfloor heating / cooling emergency generator with automatic start / switchover, im waiting to see if we can get cable for telephone/internet. if not i may have to install a high power wifi system that will get me 1 km beam to a friends house who has phone service
larrywawfelix

Postby larrywawfelix » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:17 am

just realised iv almost repeated myself... sorry bout that will take my tablets and behave in future.
larrywawfelix

Postby fredlk » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:34 am

larrywawfelix wrote:it will have underfloor heating

:?: :?: :shock: :shock: :?: :?:
In Thailand????
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:21 am

larrywawfelix wrote:basildoon essex lol thanks foe the welcome. i have uploaded a few pics of our project, dont know if i have done it right as im not particularly pc literate. (i can build em no problem but dont ask me to press the buttons that make it work lol)

this project has grown from our "hotel bill saver 5x4 mtr chickenshed" to a 16 x 11 mtr one and a half floor bungalowish building with hopefully all mod conns inside but quite a basic look outside.
we have got a very good builder who is quite reasonable and very obliging at modifying things after iv altered the plans even to the point of moving walls 300 mmm ...

its going to be a breadboard for my experimenting with solar hot water/electric and water recycling projects over the next few years (unless i upset the builder and end up under the proposed swimming pool lol
so far it will have underfloor heating / cooling emergency generator with automatic start / switchover, im waiting to see if we can get cable for telephone/internet. if not i may have to install a high power wifi system that will get me 1 km beam to a friends house who has phone service

If you can do all that stuff then uploading a pic or two really shouldn't be beyond you :roll:

Just click on 'Upload attachment' below the reply box .... click on 'Browse' and you can then select [double click] any pic from your drive or storage device ... that will bring you back to the reply screen where you click 'Add the file' and it will pop up below the reply box. If multiple pics you can simply 'Submit' and they will appear at the end of your text in the order on the screen ... the reverse order in which you uploaded them. Or you can place the cursor wherever and click 'Place inline' if you want to specify where they go in your text ... add a comment in the box if you like and that will appear below the pic. You don't really need to worry about size of the original [as in the past] as the software takes care of that ...most common formats [JPG etc] are acceptable.

This 'Winter' up here in CM I wish I had underfloor heating under our marble! And a fireplace! :(

Basildon ... know it well. Couple of years up and down the A127 to the Ford plant back in the dim and distant past.

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby fredlk » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 am

MGV12 wrote:This 'Winter' up here in CM I wish I had underfloor heating under our marble!

Here down south it was so cold I had to close the windows. :lol:
fredlk

Postby BKKBILL » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:42 am

Welcome, good start. If I build again in north Thailand will have at the least a fireplace. Did have in floor heating in Canada and can recommened it. :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Return to Introduce Yourself