Hawaii Guy Builds In Thai Land

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hawaii Guy Builds In Thai Land

Postby bluemangroup » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:43 am

Aloha Everyone,

First of all, thank you to everyone that post here as even small tidbits have helped me a lot....

I am fortunate enough to retire in my early 50's after working around the globe for almost 30 years...wouldn't trade my life for anyones...

I have a home in Maui, Hawaii but likely as many on this forum, I met a Thai lady... 555, in the words of Monty Python, say no more....say no more...

After discovering I cannot afford or rather tolerate the prices of my Porsche and Ferrari in Thailand due to Thai taxes, I have accepted my lot in life to drive a Ford Focus, Chopper, motorbikes for my GF's kid and Thai GF....

I live outside Korat, ~ 30 minutes..

Great for me as If I want everything I am used to, it's only a 30 minute drive from my home to the Mall in Korat....

The village is also enjoyable for me as technology allows me to communicate with everyone as needed...

For the next 12 months, I am still working around the globe during the first phase of my village home construction. Home every 60 days for 3 weeks...

While I knew about Thai face and the constant inquisition of how much anything cost versus actual value, the first phase of my project totally floored me with local reaction...

Without going into detail, my job has me performing with many high profile people, so the first order of business was to build a 3.5 Meter concrete fence around my small 2 Rai property. I refuse to live as if behind prison walls, so the concrete fence will be 1+ meter high concrete with concrete columns every 3 meters, the top 1+ meter will be ornate stainless work.

The front and rear of my home will be the same as it connects with a street on both ends of my property...

There will be a Ornate Stainless gate (7 meters) on both ends of the house that are remote controlled to allow access to the property by cars...a little side gate of 1 meter for foot traffic...and my Thai GF's 14 yr old daughter on her Kawasaki KSR...no helmet, no license, but 200 baht for the local Police which I learned to accept, the lack of helmet is my main concern. Shame on them....

I will post pics as we are almost through with all the concrete work, bringing the dirt up to 1.5 meters prior to project start...finishing up the concrete fence work awaiting stainless portions...

The project will take about 60 more days and the stainless contractor has been working on the gates and stainless fence sections since Jan 9th...

I am behind on getting the pics together but the story will go fast once I get them posted...

Once again thank you for all the post that gave many tidbits to survive in this arena....

Maholo!!!!, The Hawaii guy-e in Thai-E land....

:lol: :D :mrgreen:
bluemangroup

Re: Hawaii Guy Builds In Thai Land

Postby sirineou » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 am

Hawaii you?
any one that can quote Monty Python is Ok by me.
Look forward to your build
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Re: Hawaii Guy Builds In Thai Land

Postby bluemangroup » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 am

Wink Wink...Nudge nudge...Say no more! :wink:
bluemangroup

Return to Introduce Yourself