Brett from Roi Et

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Brett from Roi Et

Postby vanda » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:27 pm

G'day all. My name is Brett and I've been living in Roi Et on and off for the past 2 years now with my partner and her family.

The house we've been living is isn't the most glamorous, however sometime in the New year it will be time to start constructing a new home as my partner is now pregnant and being an official first time father I would like a proper home for us all.

I plan to have the current home demo'd, salvaging a few things here and there, and the new one put in its place.

A little bit about me, long time reader first time poster, I'm from Australia, where I still work, I've just turned 30, I studied robotic engineering however has not landed me a good job yet. I absolutely love Thailand, more-so country Thailand as it's much more peaceful, cept for the mozzies. I hope to provide you with my building story/experience and possibly make a few Farang friends here as well.

Cheers guys.
vanda

Re: Brett from Roi Et

Postby MGV12 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:29 am

Hi Brett ... welcome to CTH

One of our youngest members for sure ... if you've read some of the other build stories you will know that moving here and building can make you feel younger and older at the same time!

Yep watch out for those mozzies ... especially the striped buggers :evil:

Good luck .... oh and don't mention the cricket :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby vanda » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:20 am

haha cheers, I have spent a fair bit of time reading some stories, all very informative.

Thanks for the heads up on the cricket!
vanda

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Brett,
Ignore the advise about the cricket, it came from a Pom......us Aussies love cricket (especially the Ashes) because we know how to play it, it's just a pity the Poms sent their B team this time.
Good luck with the house; they tend to test a relationship at times.... do not let her loose with selecting the tiles or the paint and thing should be fine.
Look forward to reading your building story.
Roger Ramjet

Postby vanda » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Yeh I learnt from that mistake already when she tiled our current bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom tiles are not designed for having water on them unless you enjoy slipping and broken bones. She has been told already that I will decide on everything for the new house. I think she'll be too busy with the new bubba when it's time to build anyway. I'll post some pics up soon of what I plan to do so far, net connection can be trying at the best of times out here.
vanda

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
vanda wrote: She has been told already that I will decide on everything for the new house.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry sometimes its just too easy.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby vanda » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:39 pm

haha, yeah could be wishful thinking :-)
vanda

Postby Mike Judd » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:41 am

Hi Brett, I'am sure you will get all the advise you could want on your build from members. You are not that far from me at Kosum Phisai on the way to Khon Kaen. I expect you have all the Home Pro stores etc; near you otherwise Maha Sarakhan has them. Where about in Oz are you from.?
Mike Judd

Postby vanda » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:29 am

Yeh we have all the stores nearby about 15 mins up the road. Originally from Bendigo in victoria
but have moved around a lot. Had a 30, 000 acre sheep and cattle station up in Hay NSW as well
as a 5000 acre rice farm 2 hours away in Deniliquin. Spent a few years on and off Phillip island in
Victoria until I got my current job working in the mines in WA. I work a 2 and 1 roster and usually
travel back to Thailand every 2nd break. I've just had a month off and will be heading back on
Tuesday.
vanda

Return to Introduce Yourself