Craig - But Thais call me Farrang

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Craig - But Thais call me Farrang

Postby CarryOnUpTheMekong » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:51 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Craig i am from Manchester, my Wife is from Amnat Charoen on the banks of the Mekong River and we have bought a Rai of land near the River, we hope to build our family home there soon, we have cleared it and last year and put down the first layer of infill - we are going back in December to erect a fence and plant some shrubbery around the perimeter and place more landfill where the home will be situated.
The bungalow will cover around 10m x 16m - with a small jacuzzi/Spa (if poss)
Anyone see issues with this , please feel free to comment

Nice to Join the Gang
CarryOnUpTheMekong

Re: Craig - But Thais call me Farrang

Postby MGV12 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:32 am

CarryOnUpTheMekong wrote:Hello everyone,
My name is Craig i am from Manchester, my Wife is from Amnat Charoen on the banks of the Mekong River and we have bought a Rai of land near the River, we hope to build our family home there soon, we have cleared it and last year and put down the first layer of infill - we are going back in December to erect a fence and plant some shrubbery around the perimeter and place more landfill where the home will be situated.

Nice to Join the Gang

Hi Craig .. welcome to CTH

Being from Manchester you will at least be acclimatised to the rainy season here :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby CarryOnUpTheMekong » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:50 pm

MGV12 wrote:

Nice to Join the Gang

Being from Manchester you will at least be acclimatised to the rainy season here :lol:

My wife keeps saying Oh Big Rain when she looks out of other window which is frequentlyImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
CarryOnUpTheMekong

Postby CarryOnUpTheMekong » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:52 pm

CarryOnUpTheMekong wrote:
MGV12 wrote:

Nice to Join the Gang

My wife keeps saying Oh Big Rain when she looks out of other window which is frequentlyImage

Here are some rough sketch of plan for build in Amnat Charoen near the Mekong - any ideas of cost ( no elaborate extras ) Bluescope roof / Qcon Block 100mm

CarryOnUpTheMekong

Return to Introduce Yourself