Beach House in Chantaburi

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Beach House in Chantaburi

Postby Phaka2 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 am

Greetings, all! Vito from Rayong and Los Angeles here. My wife and I purchased/built a house in Rayong 7 years ago. The builder was building village homes a bit out of the main area, we picked a designed and tweaked until it ended up completely different. A few things never came out the way they should have but we loved the home. Over the last five years, condos, apartments and shop houses sprung up all around us. The original dirt road to our village is now a four lane divided thoroughfare. Last year we returned to LA so that our teenager could attend high school in California. Just returned from the summer in Thailand where we found a seven story condo going up behind our home. I can play catch from my balcony to theirs. A 31 story Holiday Inn is going up very close by and it's time to get out of town. We bought just shy of two rai on the beach in Chanthaburi. Planning on building my retirement home there over the next three years. Looking forward to reading everyone's advice on the site. Be well, all!
Phaka2

Re: Beach House in Chantaburi

Postby Maseratimartin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:04 am

Hi Vito,
We are in Sakeaw...2-3hours north...and visit Chantaburi (Waterfalls, Laem Sing) or lately Koh Chang often.
There are some nice places around Laem Sing.
As we also looked for some land I found that it's not so easy to find the perfect place.
Some beaches were soiled...muddy...but some are just great.
My wife has also some family around Chantaburi and I still remember stories from bad flooding in this area. Don't want to scare you...just saying and you might consider a raised house

Our plans are on ice as we just purchsed a condo in Pattaya but I'm very interested in your story and hopefully good advice :)
Maseratimartin

Return to Introduce Yourself