Hello!everybody!My name is Anna come from Hong Kong..

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello!everybody!My name is Anna come from Hong Kong..

Postby kittyannahk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Dear all:
My english is poor.Please don't mind!
I m very interesting to own a land and building a house in Thailand.I know the land law of Thailand is not allow foreigner to freehold,so i decided to sharehold a thai company with my best friend who is a thai.I m looking for a land which cost under 1500000B,anyone can introduce land for me?And about the location ,according this cost any choice is better for me?belong has some land i search from internet cost very cheap ,can anyone give me some sugguestion?Before the land payment ,what thing i have to notice avoid someone to cheat me?And any lawyer is reliable recommend to me?CAn anyone teach me step by step from begining until my house completion?Many thanks!

A,http://classifieds.bangkokpost.com/realestate/en/thailand/pattaya/baan-amphur/land-for-sale-105076.html
B,http://classifieds.bangkokpost.com/realestate/en/thailand/chiang-mai/doi-saket/land-for-sale-105900.html
C,http://classifieds.bangkokpost.com/realestate/en/thailand/chiang-mai/hang-dong/land-for-sale-100912.html
D,http://classifieds.bangkokpost.com/realestate/en/thailand/chiang-mai/doi-saket/land-for-sale-95837.html
E,http://classifieds.bangkokpost.com/realestate/en/thailand/hua-hin/land-for-sale-86283.html
kittyannahk

Re: Hello!everybody!My name is Anna come from Hong Kong..

Postby Maseratimartin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Anna,
we are also here in Hong Kong...and in Sakeaw Thailand...maybe can meet one day for some chit chat...
We chose our location due to mother in law, but also as it is only 2,5h to Bangkok and 3h down to for example Koh Chang.
We have no extreme weather like draughts or flooding...what nowadays many people discover and land prices shoot up.
(Today I would choose another location...dirctly beside Fred in Sattahip as he builds such a nice wall :wink: )
Choose your location wisely. You gonna invest some money.
Keep in mind your dream house is most propably your dream and not the dream of others. In quiet locations such build will sell far from its worth...

There are also estates in Thailand especially for the foreigners where all land plots are leased (thai company) and you can choose of some house designs.
This might be a good choice ....especially if you are also not into building your own house with any kind of building experience.

Again the internet is full of info and you should research there.

Some land might be cheap, but it will cost you a lot to prepare it for a build. Filling...wall...
Some places require piles...$$$$

Will you stay there permanent or just some times....who will upkeep the land/house...
Hua Hin and Pattaya are one direction....up north Chiang Mai complete different.

Many things you need to answer first before spending the $$$$
Maseratimartin

Postby kittyannahk » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:22 am

Hey!Martin..
Nice to meet you here!I m going to find a land without draughts or flooding like you told me in"Koh Chang",
Do you know any land cost under 1200000B there?
I know i dont have any building experience but i have enough patience and one man i really in love.
We are not rich that's why we only can move our dream house to Thailand,cause Hong Kong 's property price shoot up!Also my man's mom getting old ,i wish i can give her a comfortable place for sometimes vacation,so i wish somebody would help me here with kindly mind and patience :-)
Actrually i m quite interesting in Chiang Mai,the weather of there i think it 's better for an old woman.Now i just need some sugguest from you,which district in Chiang Mai is no extreme weather like draughts or flooding?And before i pay for ...anything i have to check for the land?About the Filling and wall normally how to measure for the price?thank you so much....wish one day i can show my house building pic here share to everyone:-)
kittyannahk

Postby Maseratimartin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Understand totally the HK thing....and then why somebody would stay in Hk for retirement?!

Regarding Chiang Mai I'm the wrong guy but there are many members up there.
Just read through their building stories and you will gain important info.
Some also wrote about their experience how the found and purchased their land.

Koh Chang is nice...but requires some travel to come there.
Prices are higher as you are on an island.
You could get land for your budged...but not 1 Rai...more 1-2Nan (no beach front)

Once you know where to go there is only one right way to proceed...go there...spend holidays there...ask around.
Especially ....if I understand correct....when your partner is thai!
Maseratimartin

Return to Introduce Yourself