Thai Dan is here!

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Thai Dan is here!

Postby Thai Dan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi All,

My name is Dan and I am originally from the U.S. My wife, 7 year old son and I live in Roi Et city in our new house of 6 months. My wife and I have been married for 8 years and together for 11. I work in aviation and do most of my tasks online and on the phone with occasional travel required. That said, since we met and married, we have lived in Thailand, then Germany for 5 years and now back to Thailand for the foreseeable future.

The current house, although quite nice, is what I'd call a starter house. 3 bed, 2 bath, kitchen, living/dining room, carport, decent sized yard/garden, walled and gated. My first reason for even finding this site is because of the smelly drain in one of the showers that everyone is so familiar with. I've already looked at existing posts and I think my answers are there (no u-pipe, etc.).

Later on I will do a lot more searching and asking when I'm ready to start planning the "dream home". I look forward to getting to know the site and the members. If you need help with anything aviation, ask away!

Dan
Thai Dan

Re: Thai Dan is here!

Postby MGV12 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:18 pm

Thai Dan wrote:Hi All,

My name is Dan and I am originally from the U.S. My wife, 7 year old son and I live in Roi Et city in our new house of 6 months. My wife and I have been married for 8 years and together for 11. I work in aviation and do most of my tasks online and on the phone with occasional travel required. That said, since we met and married, we have lived in Thailand, then Germany for 5 years and now back to Thailand for the foreseeable future.

The current house, although quite nice, is what I'd call a starter house. 3 bed, 2 bath, kitchen, living/dining room, carport, decent sized yard/garden, walled and gated. My first reason for even finding this site is because of the smelly drain in one of the showers that everyone is so familiar with. I've already looked at existing posts and I think my answers are there (no u-pipe, etc.).

Later on I will do a lot more searching and asking when I'm ready to start planning the "dream home". I look forward to getting to know the site and the members. If you need help with anything aviation, ask away!

Dan

A man who likes to make an entrance .... hi Dan ... welcome to CTH.

Aviation questions ... thanks for the offer ... can you get me a substantial discount on a flight to London Heathrow with EVA? :)

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Thai Dan wrote:when I'm ready to start planning the "dream home".

Hello Dan and welcome,
Thai Dan wrote:If you need help with anything aviation, ask away!

Why do armies remove protective/proper seats from helicopters and fixed wing aircraft and replace them with crippling canvas and steel/aluminum seats? I'm not talking about the pilots' seats in either because they get the best of the best, I'm talking about the passenger seats, then they (armies/aircraft manufacturers), in recent times, insist the soldiers "buckle-up", so that the injuries are multiplied in case of autorotation or stall.... mostly compound fractures of legs and spinal compression/fracture.... the equipment angle doesn't work, their packs are on the floor.
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Thai Dan wrote:If you need help with anything aviation, ask away!

Dan

Well you did ask. :mrgreen:

Welcome to CTH.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Maseratimartin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:34 am

Hi and welcome!

About the smelly shower...
If a U-trap (syphon) cannot be installed...there are sinks with some kind of a water trap to avoid the smell coming in.
I have the U-trap and still took the sink with the water trap...got it at Home Mart.
This might be possible to upgrade...

The trap version has some kind of a cup with opening downwards attached to the sink cover.
Maseratimartin

Return to Introduce Yourself