A Move to Mae On

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: A Move to Mae On

Postby andymac » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:16 am

Thailazer,

Thanks for the photos. Your pond looks great, exactly what I want to achieve, I'll be looking to having lots of reeds/grasses along the embankment to soften the edges and encourage wildlife to move in, better than watching TV.

I just have a big hole in the ground at the moment, see here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4485
I want to get the substructure in the ground to support the wooden pavilion before the rains start, then look at how to seal the future pond. What did you do in that respect?
andymac

Postby thailazer » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Well, we were rather lucky on the that front. The back hoe operator hit water on his third stroke as we have springs in our area. Seems there is an underground river from the mountains under our place as the pond level rises with rain in the hills. No sealing required. We simply have a six inch overflow pipe on the downhill end.
thailazer

Postby andymac » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:32 am

Thailazer,

Lucky strike, that sure must have saved a lot of work and headaches. I can picture the way I want the pond to look, but getting there I know is going to be a challenge. No doubt lots of hard work and money too.

I started out with my main focus on the architecture, buidling design - but I've since been seduced by the landscape design possibilities. I need to find the right balance I guess.

Andy
andymac

Postby thailazer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Probably a good idea to plan out the landscape first. After we put in the pond, we completely changed where the house would be located. Glad we did as it is part of the ambiance now. Was quite fun to use an aerial view for the property outline and then start drawing on a blank sheet of paper. I can see why you are being seduced!
thailazer

Postby andymac » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:20 am

thailazer wrote:Andy... We are 40 minutes north of CM in Mae Taeng and you are more than welcome to come out and check it out. Still a work in progress here!

Hi Thailazer,

I'll be back in Thailand at the end of the month for a few days, I'd welcome a trip up to CM to catch up and see your place if you're around/available?
I hope to have a couple of days free from 5th May, let me know if that works.

Have a great Sunday.

Andy
andymac

Postby thailazer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Andy.... That sounds good. I sent you a PM with some further details.
thailazer

Postby andymac » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:59 pm

Got it thank you, looking forward to catching up and seeing another part of the region.
andymac

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself