Steve in Samutprakan

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Steve in Samutprakan

Postby stevie1403 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:15 am

Hi I my name is Steve from the U.K . I have been in Thailand for nearly 10 years now came on holiday when I was 22 and somehow ended up still here now at 32. :lol:

Of course came here at 22 with bugger all just the change in my pocket. Ten years later I have a small teaching agency and language school here in Samutprakan which I run with my wife Fon. We just had our first daughter she is 4 months old now and we are looking to start our house build on the land her family gave us in the next 6 months or so.

I have gained a lot of valuable advise from CTH over the time of my research period so thank you all for that ! :D

When we finally start the build I will make a full and complete post with all the pics I know you love so much :wink:

Going to be a Bali style design concept and we are located next a nice river setting. Well a canal but a very big one :lol:
stevie1403

Re: Steve in Samutprakan

Postby fredlk » Fri May 24, 2013 4:20 am

stevie1403 wrote:Going to be a Bali style design concept and we are located next a nice river setting. Well a canal but a very big one :lol:

Welcome and don't forget the stilts.
fredlk

Postby MGV12 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 am

Welcome to CTH Stevie ... good luck with your project.

Congratulations on your daughter and making Thailand work for you ... now comes the hard part :lol:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby stevie1403 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:17 am

Thanks for the comments guys. Stilts lol. Yeah I thought the same but I've been living in this area for 4 years or so now and it's never flooded. My wife has lived on this land for 30 years and she also says that it has never flooded in that time. Funny though 15 mins away it floods like hell every time the tides come in. :lol:
stevie1403

Return to Introduce Yourself