Hello from Singapore

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello from Singapore

Postby luffe1639 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi, my name is Palle, 40 Y , originally from Denmark but now living in Singapore together with my Thai wife for 10 years Tik, we have bought 1rai of land in Ban Na Phu about 20 km north of Udon towards Nong Khai where we are planning to build a retirement home :P
We have been coming to Thailand and Isaan often the last 10 years and love it here
We have frequently followed many of the exiting building stories here which has been very helpful and given us a lot advise on what to do a and what to be careful with during a build
luffe1639

Re: Hello from Singapore

Postby jomoblues » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:03 am

Hi Luffy.

Welcome and good luck with your plans. I'm a new contributor too although, like you, been reading the site for many-a-year.
Me and my Thai wife are also based in Singapore, with retirement plans to Udon already in process for later this year.

JoMo.
jomoblues

Postby jomoblues » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:05 am

Palle.
Apologise for getting your name wrong--it's my age!. JoMo.
jomoblues

Postby luffe1639 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi Jomo

No problem, We are having a break from the building a few months, next time we are in Udon ill let you know, perhaps we can meet

Palle
luffe1639

Postby jazzman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Welcome on board luffe1639.Anything you need to know about building in the Udon area, I can usually help - we also have a dedicated Isaan forum on the board too.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby jomoblues » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Palle.

I would be happy to meet up with you next time you are in Udon; I think it will be good to share building experiences. Jan and I are travelling back there this week-end; me for a week, Jan for a month, with the aim of finalising our arragements with the builder and signing a contract to start work in late July, early August (if that is do-able, weather permitting). Betwen then and now we'll be back and forth between Singapore and Udon on a fairly constant basis.

Have you actually made a start on your build or are you still formulating your ideas?

That was a generous offer from Jazzman---he's definitely the man to go to with your building questions.

Good Luck, JoMo
jomoblues

Postby jazzman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 pm

I'm in the UK at the moment but I've been trying for years to organise a CTH meetup in Isaan. I will be back around mid March.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 pm

jazzman wrote:I'm in the UK at the moment but I've been trying for years to organise a CTH meetup in Isaan. I will be back around mid March.

SWMBO and I will be back near Udon 50km from Singapore on the 1st until the end of March and would be interested in a get together before going back to Japan. So mid to late March would suit us.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Hey!! I'm from Singapore too! Finally managed to clear up most issues and am in Thailand for good. I'm gonna be based in Korat area and will be glad to make friends with everyone :)
Tommy

Return to Introduce Yourself