Hello all

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello all

Postby anarchi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 am

Hi,

I'm Tom , Thai man currently living in Melbourne Australia. I came across this site by accident , what a cool site!.
I'm educated and trained as an architect in Melbourne, and have been working in a local practice in the past couple of years but now focusing on finishing a Master at Melb uni.
I will be moving back to Thailand in a couple of years, looking forward to hopefully getting into building industry there ( not sure what i want to do ).

A huge difference between a construction technology in Thailand and what i've been trained here....hope i can learn new things here.

Cheers

Tom
anarchi

Re: Hello all

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Hello Tom,
You are the future of Thailand or will be when you return with the knowledge you have gathered in Australia and can help Thailand emerge into/as an up to date country on architectural practices, however, it will depend on the job you take on your return....university lecturer, freelance architect or working for a firm. I suspect you will be offered the earth in any of the aforementioned jobs, and then promptly swallowed into the system that will allow no forward future thinking (we don't do it this way in Thailand is the usual excuse).
Thailand will need advancement in ASEAN if it is to survive in the coming years, otherwise it will be trampled underfoot by graduates from the Philippines, Malaysia and other more forward thinking countries who are keeping abreast of ever moving technologies.
So let me be the first to congratulate you on your future Master's Degree and welcome you to the forum.
Roger Ramjet

Re: Hello all

Postby anarchi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Roger,

Thanks for all the kind words. I cant wait to get back to Thailand and hopefully get a chance to do something exciting! ...been away for too too long (10 years ).

Yeah the AEC thing is kinda interesting for the whole region. I'm not too sure what it would pan out especially in the building industry, but Thailand would definitely have to keep up with the neighbours in order to compete for sure.

Looking forward to participating in the forum.

Tom
anarchi

Return to Introduce Yourself