Introduction to harry9660

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Introduction to harry9660

Postby harry9660 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 am

Hi all
I am a UK national living in not so sunny Shropshire. My Thai wife & I have bought 3.5 Rai of land near her parents in Prachuap Khirikhan. We want to build a house there next year as I wish to relocate to Thailand now that I have reached retirement age.
I am a complete novice with logging on to a website (first time after about 6 attempts now) and would appreciate any help getting some plans done to build a house (I have a picture) and arranging the actual build, plus getting some competive prices for both the plans & the actual build.

So any assistance would be most welcome.

Kind regards.
I hope I can find my way back on here.
harry9660

Re: Introduction to harry9660

Postby splitlid » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 am

Hi Harry , welcome to the forum. I am in hua hin and can maybe help you with your Requirements.
splitlid

Postby gliffaes » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:36 am

Harry if you have no experience Splitlid is "your man" the building here leaves a lot to be desired unless you can be on site daily you will lose money hand over fist.
I have met Splitty and can vouch for him being Kosha.
I too am in Prachuap Khirikhan down just outside Pranburi, it a great place giving good access to Bangkok if needed and also the Southern coasts such as Chumphon which I like too.
gliffaes

House build in Prachuap Khirikhan

Postby harry9660 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:16 pm

splitlid wrote:Hi Harry , welcome to the forum. I am in hua hin and can maybe help you with your Requirements.

Hi Splitlid
We are coming over to Thailand the end of March 2013 and hope to be in the position by then where all the plans are drawn up and I have got some competitive quotes for the house build (no swimming pool) and I can talk to some builders on site regarding the build project.

How can you help with this?
harry9660

House build in Prachuap Khirikhan

Postby harry9660 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi gliffaes
Thanks for the response, I have sent a message to splitlid too.
My wife has said there are not many Farangs in the area as it is not a general tourist patch. How long have you been living in Prachuap?
Are you married to a Thai lady as well?

I am full of questions as I need to learn about how my new life in Thailand will turn out so I would be more than happy to engage in some dialogue.

Would you like to meet up when I get to Thailand?
harry9660

Re: House build in Prachuap Khirikhan

Postby geordie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm

harry9660 wrote:Hi gliffaes
Thanks for the response, I have sent a message to splitlid too.
My wife has said there are not many Farangs in the area as it is not a general tourist patch. How long have you been living in Prachuap?
Are you married to a Thai lady as well?

I am full of questions as I need to learn about how my new life in Thailand will turn out so I would be more than happy to engage in some dialogue.

Would you like to meet up when I get to Thailand?

I have been trying to catch up with GF for six months ?? He has itchy pants
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby harry9660 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Geordie

Maybe gliffaes is just trying to avoid you.
Are you local to Prachuap Khirikhan?
harry9660

Re: House build in Prachuap Khirikhan

Postby splitlid » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:31 pm

harry9660 wrote:
Hi Splitlid

How can you help with this?

Hi Harry,
<self promotion removed as per forum rules ... please contact via the feedback page ... thanks - mod>. I cannot post my details here due to forum rules but i can send them Via PM. Unfortuneately, your PM you have sent to me did not arrive, i think you may need a few more posts to be able to use the PM system.
splitlid

Postby harry9660 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 am

Hi Splitlid
I will email Dozer to see if he can either email your details to me or mine to you so you can contact me direct.
I don't know what a PM is so maybe Dozer will let me know.
harry9660

Postby geordie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 am

harry9660 wrote:Hi Geordie

Unlikely i owe him money :lol: :lol: :lol: he i s very busy most of the time him being /claiming to be a relative youngster he does a lot of rushing around :mrgreen:
harry9660 wrote:Hi Splitlid
I will email Dozer to see if he can either email your details to me or mine to you so you can contact me direct.

Harry
a pm is simple a private message it does not appear on the forum you are restricted as a new member untill you have 25-30 posts this is to deter spammers and probfesional builders ect abusing the forum IE: sighn up for the forum and pm everyone an advert touting for buisness or recomending their mates as being wonderful builders the forum has strict rules on that sort of behavior

You can however request dozer passes your details to another forum member but cannot request the other members details unless he has also asked dozer to pass those details to you
geordie

Postby geordie » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 am

harry9660 wrote:Hi Geordie

Unlikely i owe him money :lol: :lol: :lol: he i s very busy most of the time him being /claiming to be a relative youngster he does a lot of rushing around :mrgreen:
harry9660 wrote:Hi Splitlid

Harry
a pm is simple a private message it does not appear on the forum you are restricted as a new member untill you have 25-30 posts this is to deter spammers and probfesional builders ect abusing the forum IE: sighn up for the forum and pm everyone an advert touting for buisness or recomending their mates as being wonderful builders the forum has strict rules on that sort of behavior

You can however request dozer passes your details to another forum member but cannot request the other members details unless he has also asked dozer to pass those details to you
geordie

Return to Introduce Yourself