Hello All

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello All

Postby Richardb » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:22 pm

I am Richard from London. My wife id from Roi Et.

We live in London and I have joined as it falls to me to organise my inlaws new house. They demolished the last one ( woodern platform type thing ) so far as I can understand because all the unemployed neigbours though it would be a good idea because nobody had any work that week.

My parents in law are actually very nice but have little formal or unformal education and when it comes to stuff like this just defer to whatever they are told by the most important neigbour/relative. Which in my view leads to them being royally conned by those persons.

Last year ( prior to house demolition ) I was there when we organised a concrete slab being put down to put a washing machine on. I will spare you the full gory account but at one point we ran out of sand and one builder went and got some and when I looked closely it was mud. Same colour apparently......AAGGHHH.

Poor wife knows the truth but cant tell her parents they are lovely but that they need plans drawings lists schedules contracts etc .

Well there is my tale of woe. Be kind when I post.

Ps Dear Mods sorry if this exists but it would be a good reference for newbies if there was a thread that simply had one pic of a posters completed project. Total Cost and Location and thats it. I know that info is very little but it would be a good visual as to what we can eventually achieve.

Thanks

Richard
Richardb

Re: Hello All

Postby Richardb » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:39 am

So many typos and spelling mistakes in a first post . Sorry.

Richard
Richardb

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 am

Richard,
Welcome to the forum.
Hopefully, now, in your case, it might not be the lion's den after your plaintive story. You indeed have major problems of which I have no solution, so I shall refrain from commenting.
I wouldn't worry about the spelling or diction, that will be the least of your worries.
Good luck.
Roger Ramjet

Postby MGV12 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:59 am

Hi Richard ... welcome to the forum from a fellow Londoner; now in Chiang Mai.

Any plans to build for yourself over here in the future?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Richardb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Not for myself MGV ( yet ) I think I have to begin to assist the parents in law but funds proclude a house so I might try some kind of modular project or project where by we can expand and add to as funds become available. Ps if I do ever "retire" to Thgailand it will be your end of the Country. Nice.

Richard
Richardb

Return to Introduce Yourself